Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
morninglori_gw

Cottage Birdhouse

morninglori
14 years ago

Here is another birdhouse I made using stones I collected from Lake Michigan. I trimed it with birch branches from a tree my friend cut down. The reason she had it cut down was because of bugs which for some reason never crossed my mind till they hatched in my basement and I had to kill a million moths...live and learn...Any way, sold this one too.

{{gwi:176090}}

Sandy

Comments (15)

• soinspired
    14 years ago

Sandy: I adore your birdhouses and not only because they have such eye appeal but also because they are so sturdy and unique. Always enjoy a bit of antique bling on them too! Great job and thanks for continuing to inspire me.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

LOVELY!!! You are a bird house Eggspert!!!

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

YOU ARE THE BOMB!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your birdhouses!! Such neat ideas and always beautiful!

• daisyme
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry I've missed your other birdhouses. This is delightful. The perch is simple and charming and I'm so glad you could use some of that downed tree. Being a stone-picker myself, I see you picked each stone for it's unique character, and they're really beautiful. I have 9 tin boxes of stones sorted by size that I use on my birdhouses too!

I'd been struggling with what to do to keep the birds out of Song of the Sea that I posted last week, because I forgot to seal the hole before starting. Your simple crossed wire should be easily doable even now. Thank you for the idea.

I especially love the piece around the main entry. Can you tell us what you used for that? It's wonderful.

I can never resist a thread that says birdhouse, and I'm sure glad I saw this one. It's a delight!

• daisyme
    14 years ago

Oh, I clicked on this birdhouse and found your others! They are wonderful, each is so unique and so charming! I especially love the way you've used locks and keys for the perches. I will watch for your furthur additions! Love them!

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Very beautiful and filled with charm. What adheasive did you use for the rocks?

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Daisyme, If you want to see the other birdhouses, you can put 'morninglori' in the search box and it will come up with all her posts. I think the first 2 are some of her birdhouses.

• TwoMonths
    14 years ago

wow, that is great. I never thought about the rocks in that lake being so colorful. wonder where they all came from back in the day, lol.

• gersch
    14 years ago

Love your birdhouse and your creativity - is that a Petosky stone in the front? Did you polyurethane your stones to bring out the colors? I travel on Sundays to Van Buren State Park just outside South Haven and we find lots of Petoskys, fossils and beachglass. We've used lots of the rocks for landscaping in our backyard. What beaches to you go to?

• luvs2click
    14 years ago

Very unique and cool - love it!

• katishooked
    14 years ago

I do so like this bh. Can see why it sold already.

Kat

• Crafty Gardener
    14 years ago

Lovely birdhouse ... I've got the perfect place for it :)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Unique looking with that great stone "foundation'! The birch looks perfect on it, almost like an old mill building!! Thanks for showing it before you sold it!! Jan

• morninglori
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for all the comments. Yes, that is a Petosky stone in the center, I love them and try to add them to each BH I make. I get my stones in Charlevoix, and enjoy every second it takes walking the beach.

Sandy

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

morninglori...I luv everything about this new BH! The wood is awesome, the stones & added decor & branches! I wondered if birds will use this spectular house or is it just for decor? (well, not "just for decor"...it would be beautiful for decor, too!

Did n't know if birds would enter into "metal" around the openings...but I have a wren that ventured into one this summer!

TFS your great projects! Jeanne S.

Sponsored