Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelly_oh_gw

Have I posted this?

kelly_oh
13 years ago

This is a pvc pipe I worked on this summer, I'm going to sink it into the ground up to the grout/tiles. I wasn't too happy with it at first, but its grown on me :) Next summer I'll probably put a hanging plant in it.

{{gwi:176295}}
{{gwi:176296}}

and a lamp base the BF trash picked for me - now that is love isn't it?? :) {{gwi:176297}}

Comments (8)

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Absolutely Beautiful!!!!!! So help me out.....did you glue (with what?) and then grout? I love the terra cotta color. The little butterflies adds so much to it. Can't wait to see what you do with the lamp, and a very good BF ya got there!!

• kelly_oh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you! I used the GE Silicone II, then grouted, yes. The butterflies were my youngest's idea :).

I can't decide if I want to paint the lamp or just clear coat it. I'm tempted to go blue with it, or maybe red, but that gold already has the aged look to it. hmmm...

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Great job on the mosaic planter...I'm with crafty...love the terracotta coloring and the different glass globs. Can't wait to see what you do with the lamp base...cool shape!

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

I LOVE BOTH!! Great job on mosaic.

The lamp base already has the makings for a sparkler. I like the gold color, too - already 'aged-looking'. But your color ideas sound pretty nice, too.

Can't wait to see the final result.
    -Sprout

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I love your pipe! Lots of pretty colors and finishes and they all look great with the terracotta grout. I bet it will be stunning with a hanging plant on top.

I love your lamp base! I agree, I like it just the way it is. I think the gold will look very pretty in the garden.

My DH found an old mirror from over a dresser in the trash one day. The frame is gold that looks very similar to your lamp. I thought of painting it too but I think it will look even prettier as-is out in the garden.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I think if I had done all that work on that pipe I would put it over about 3 pieces of rebar that are pounded in ground a long way. Don't want that getting tipped over! Lamp base is great color as is! Looks like it's been in garden long time already! Jan

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

I love your pvc pipe mosaic! Can't wait to see what you do with the lamp base.
    Kathy

• kelly_oh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks guys!
    Sunny, that's a great idea, thanks! I was planning on sinking it down into the ground and maybe putting some rocks down in it, but your idea sounds a lot more stable!!
    Sparkler for the lamp, hmmm? I can almost see that. I think I posted a ball earlier that I made with candy wrappers and crash glass, over top of a huge plastic Christmas ornament? I have been thinking about attaching that to the top of the lamp. The lamp hasn't yelled at me yet that this what it wants, so its still sitting there topless. :)
    I am constantly amazed at how we can all look at a piece of something and each of us see a different end result for it. Its one of the reasons I just love this forum!

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor