Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Totem and plate flowers

Posted by kelly_oh OH z6 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 30, 10 at 9:53

Hi all,
These are my projects I've worked on the last couple weeks. The totem was for a friend's 50th birthday - we share a deep abiding love of purple :).

I was thinking about giving her the plate flowers, too, but decided to be selfish and keep them, I'm having difficulty getting a spoon to stay to the back of one of them. Aggravating!!!

Sorry the picts are so big, I'm doing well to get the pictures on here, I'm not sure I should mess with trying to change their size.
Please disregard the dying grass, messes and un-kempt flower beds. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Totem and plate flowers

LOVE your totem! I'm sure your friend did too! And your plate flowers are really neat...I love to see old jewelry used at the centers...I think it looks wonderful!

o

The totem colors are beautiful! The plate flowers look very pretty too but I know what you mean: I don't like to give or sell any of my things unless I'm 100% confident in them. And your yard looks fine; it's so hard this time of year to keep everything looking good, between all the heat and dryness.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shabby Garden Creations

o

You've been busy! Like how you use jewelry in the flower centers...& you've chosen some beautiful pcs of glassware to combine tog. TFS! Jeanne S.

o

They are all beautiful. I have some jewelry I have saved for some sort of craft and now will have to try them on the flowers. Love your plate flowers, I have been making them and thinking I would sell them. I fall in love with most of them, so not sure how this will work. I didn't put any weight on my spoons for at least a week after dry time. But now I am going to try hockey pucks, like Shabby Joe.

Have fun crafting.

Here is a link that might be useful: Shabby Joe Glass Art

o

Boy, I wish I could find some green glass that color!! I just love the totem & I would have a hard time parting with those plate flowers too, if it were me. They look awesome!!

o

Beautiful flower plates & jewelry looks so good for centers. The totem is beautiful & love the green & the purple swirl piece, she must love it, what a nice gift! Jan

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 31, 10 at 13:52

I love the totem and flowers. You do a great job. Keep up the good work.

o

Kelly, those are beautiful! Where DO yall find such interesting plates?!?!?!
re: attaching the spoon on the back: is it a flattened spoon?

o

Grandma Cindy, thank you and yes a flattened spoon. I'm on the hunt for hockey pucks, tho :)

o

Lovely! I like how you used the jewelry.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here