Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A cool sculpture garden for inspiration

Posted by concretenprimroses 4B NH (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 25, 10 at 10:02

On my birthday recently dh took me to the Path of Life Sculpture Garden in Windsor VT. We took dfd and her boyfriend with us.

Although the garden is huge and the art is to scale, I still found myself thinking about my own small property. For instance the maze made me think about having some things hidden, and coming up on paths or areas that are like a surprise.

Here are the other 3 of them in the hemlock maze. The maze was surprisingly fun, tho we thought about the movie "The Shining". The maze symbolizes adolescence - Adventure.

Photobucket

You can see the figures symbolizing Community from the maze giving a hint of things to come.

Photobucket

Here's another shot of the maze from another part of the garden. There is a bell that you can ring when you reach the middle:

Photobucket

There was humor:

Photobucket

And teepees (where apparently people doing kayak or canoe tours can stay overnight - not sure how that part of the business works):

Photobucket

It was a beautiful time, in a beautiful place!

Photobucket

Check out my blog for more pics. I have some very large sculptures posted but I can imagine smaller versions for home (especially guitar guy). The link below will send you to one post, and I link to the other at the end of that post.
Enjoy!

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: POL Garden on Kathy's blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A cool sculpture garden for inspiration

It does look like a beautiful, peaceful place. I love the 'this way' sign lol
TFS!

o

What a nice trip to take! I loved the this way sign too,very cute. Guitar man is quite the guy, should be able to downsize him if you have some branches around. Thanks for the tour! Jan

o

What beauty and what fun! Well worth $5!

o

What a great b'day gift! Looks like a cool place! Great pics! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

That looks like a fun place to visit, Kathy. We should take a trip over that way. It's only about an hour from our home. (I love the idea of hidden features that appear unexpectedly along a pathway.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here