Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
some purchases

Posted by kelly_oh OH z6 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 30, 10 at 10:04

So, my boyfriend took me to an amazing place this weekend. I haven't been there in years, but its just as cool as before. If you live in or around Dayton, you have probably heard of Mendelson's. Robert, you would LOVE the place, there are sooooo many potential sculpture parts there.....
Anyway, these are the few things I bought, that I thought would have potential as yard 'bling' :) This stuff and a plastic container to hold my beads were all right at $5. The little discs are faceted plastic, I think they are some type of light cover for a computer or something (they were on the 'computer' floor so I'm going with that), the little ones that I got a bag of for $1 are about .5" diameter, the bigger one are about 1", the silver spirals are computer fan covers, the gold coil is a place card holder (75 cents) that I'm hoping I can stretch out to be a 'twirler' and the plastic tubes were just cool and I knew if I didn't get them, I'd regret it.

I have some thoughts, but would LOVE to hear what you guys see when you look at this stuff.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: some purchases

I would have bought all of that and probably more!LOL
Never mind what to make with it, it's all just wonderful.
And you will think of some things to make.
I would cover a Bowling ball with the little faceted pieces!!!

o

Cool project pieces and the price's are great! I'm in the Columbus area but need to find that Mendelson's place! I'm making a bunch of garden-related gifts for an upcoming Craft Show and that place sounds perfect for pieces & parts! Please show us your finished pieces and have fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shabby Garden Creations

o

I think those plastic discs would look pretty on a smooth colored glass plate, pot or like what was mentioned by nonacook, covering a pretty colored/painted BB would be interesting. I wonder, since they're plastic, if they would dull/yellow over time? You could possibly use them as little feet on something. Very interesting stuff!

o

Will be waiting to see what you end up making with the parts you got. Those computer buttons could be flower plate decor too. Jan

o

What curious stuff. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
Kathy

o

I swear my computer is possessed by Satan apparently because I can't see any pictures. :'( *sniffle, sniffle*

o

Now that I am using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, I can see your pictures! Looks like lots of fun stuff. We have a local store here - American Science & Surplus - that is just as fun and full of great "stuff." Be sure to post pictures of what you eventually do with all that bling!

o

Kathy/Luna- Where is American Science and Surplus?? I get their catalog, but would love to see their store. (I think I sent for the catalog when I read about it on one of your other posts). Thanks!!
-Sprout

o
Their website

I see they have a website and also sell on ebay.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mendelson's

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here