Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adina72

Finally Finished - Tipsy Teapot Totem

Dottie B.
16 years ago

Well, I finally got around to putting together my totem. I had several teapots left over, so for now, I will probably just sit them around the base and possible plant them too. I think I will add mums to the bottom and pansies for the teapots. So what do ya think?

{{gwi:176701}}

Directions:

I found a threaded rod when I was helping mom clean out her garage. I didn't measure it, but I'd guess it was 7' long (I think rebar, conduit or a galventized pipe would work well too). It went into the ground about 2' and then I placed an upside down clay pot inside the base so that the first tea kettle was elevated above the base. Once the base is full of soil, I think it will be very stable, although it feels pretty stable already. A 1/2" size hole was drilled into the base of each pot so the rod would fit through it. If your rod is a different size, then you will need to drill a hole to accomodate your rod size. The pots were put on the pole tipped at an angle and then the handles were wired to the rod for added stability. I put a small clamp under each pot to help hold it up. I think a small hose clamp would work just as well. If you are into threading nuts all along such a long pole, go for it, but I wasn't...LOL. It's topped with an insulator, just so the leftover rod wasn't exposed.

Comments (10)

Sponsored