Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Collection of junk art

Posted by bluestar_tam (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 11:13

I created a new solar lighted bird bath, using old prescription bottles to color the base.

And this old whiskey barrel doohicky...

The pic on that one isn't great, but it has crystals hanging from the swirly thing on the inside of the hoops.

Here is a group photo in what is now known as the Illinois desert...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Collection of junk art

VERY cool pieces you have there. Interesting about the pill bottles...did you melt them down somehow...they look flattened out to me. Love the red!! And your whiskey barrel rings are very cool on the second piece. Thanks for sharing with us.

o

The pill bottles are actually flat on 4 sides. I cut them apart to use the flat pieces.
Thanks for the input! :o)

o

Love the red birdbath! What is that tall piece to the left? Looks interesting. Do all of them light up? Jan

o

Love it!!!! I've made some solar lights,but hadn't thought of one for a bird bath.

o

You will have the birds coming to bathe at night. LOL Lovely pieces. Enjoy! Jlily

o

The tall one on the left used to light up, but the batteries in the solar lights are now dead.

o

Please give us some instruction on the pill bottles. What a great way to use them instead of sending to the landfill.
TIA

o

The pill bottles are from Target & look like this:

I simply cut off all the flat parts and glued them onto the base.

I've also been collecting the colored rings that go around the top of the bottle, trying to figure out how to make a rug out of them. No luck yet on that, but I haven't given it a concerted effort yet lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Target script bottle pic

o

Glad to see they are targets pill bottles.Makes me feel better as i dumped a whole lot of the amber colored round ones into the recycling bin today.I had been saving them,thinking i could find a use for them,but never did.

I drink a lot of flavored water and i save the caps and rings from those for a someday project as they come in all colors as well.

Guess i just need to get back to this board more often.
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here