Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bottle bugs

Posted by bverste zone 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 20, 10 at 11:14

grandchildren have come and gone. My oldest (11) is the only one who wanted to be crafty, the younger two wanted to play with neighbor children--go figure. anyway Shanya and I went to dollar tree for some supplies, and found these vinegar/oil bottles, I thought bottle bugs. so here they are:

Image link: bottle bugs (57 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bottle bugs

Very cute bottle bug! Love the color choices!

o

What a great project to do with your GD! Cute! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

How cute. I tell you some people are just so crafty. Thanks for sharing.

o

I love it!! I have a leftover bottle just like that from a school project it wasn't right for. I think I'll have my DD give it a go

o

Cute!!!

o

I like the blue & green colors of your adorable bottle bug!! A lasting memory of time spent with grandma!!Jan

o

Very cute! I like his "nose." Your bug reminds me a lot of one I made. Great minds think alike!

Good Garden Bug

o

Love the bugs!
I also bought some of the vinegar/oil bottles
with the thought of making bugs!!!

o

Luna, actually you were the inspiration for the wings, we were looking at diffent bugs, and liked your wings thanks everyone for the kind words. I showed your comments to my GD, she was embarrassed but proud! Bev

o

Bev, I love your bottle bug! LOVE the colorfulness of it! My wife carol and I have made a few with spritzer bottles. Any hints as to how you keep the wings from moving around the bottle? LOVE your creation! Thanks for sharing! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here