Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Non-yellowing formulation like E6000

Posted by rosiew 8 GA (rosemarywalsh@bellsouth.net) on
Wed, Aug 22, 12 at 11:34

The company that manufactures E6000 also has UV6800, which is UV resistant and will not yellow. Sources online I've found:

www.excelbuyonline.com

www.glazecoat.com or you can call Ken @ 1 800 347 0930.

Learned one more important thing. Think it relates to both products. Check date of manufacture which is printed across the tube. Best results obtained when product is no more than a year old. Good to know, huh?

Rosie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Non-yellowing formulation like E6000

Those of us who use GE Silicone have found out the hard way to check the expiration dates on the tubes. Thanks for the info on the other glue...always good to know!

o

Thanks Rosie for the information and verifying that it doesn't turn yellow with age. I will check the expiration dates on my tubes as I usually buy 3 or so at a time of E6000. I was going to order UV6800 but the shipping cost was $15.36. I'll try to locate a store I can buy this from and save the shipping cost.

o

Yikes to that shipping charge. Which company was that??

o

I went to www.glazecoat.com and then to order it they sent you over to http://store.creative-wholesale.com The price for a 3.7 oz tube was okay, $5.61 but the shipping was $15.36. The other website was the same for shipping but the tube of UV6800 was $11.79! I think this is used for marine applications so I might try some of the marine shops around. I hope I can find it in a store so I don't have to pay that shipping charge.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here