Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasfern

Totem Mania

texasfern
15 years ago

I don't know about you guys, but I am either going full steam or not at all.

I still have one more in the works, but that is going to take a couple of days. When you see it you will know why.

I have been so inspired by all the wonderful work here, as you will be able to see.

Thanks to all of you creative kiddos.

This one is from a lamp base and a great bowl I found at GW.{{gwi:177520}}

Here is the tea lite holder I made back in the ceramic days. I like the swirls to match the bowl and the different textures of the glazes I used.

{{gwi:177523}}

This shows the crash glass I put in the candle holder.

{{gwi:177524}}

One of two cobalt and cut glass. I love this combo!

{{gwi:177526}}

{{gwi:177527}}

Last (finally huh?) class and vintage china plate.

I found a little rose vase to match the plate for inside.

I used a sugar bowl in keeping with the "kitchen"theme for the middle.

{{gwi:177528}}

{{gwi:177529}}

Comments (20)

• njtomboy
    15 years ago

Those are absolutely BEAUTIFUL.. I truly LOVE them all!!!!!

• imjustsam
    15 years ago

Those are really nice. I will be scouring the trash for an old lamp base now. The last one I would use inside as a serving tray, its really cute too. I havent done any inside layers like your little vase in a vase. I think its a great idea.

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

I love your totems! The blue is beautiful! I have plates just like the one you used in the third one! Great job!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

What an imagination you have. Great job on all. Like your combinations.

Kathy

• laurastheme
    15 years ago

These are beautiful totems. You're very creative. I just finished a bird bath using a vase within a vase. I wanted to give some color to the clear glass.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    15 years ago

OOHHH I love all of them! You have a great talent for putting them together. I just finished one with stars in it but can't decide ( find) a topper!! I love your blue. My favorite.Vase in a vase cute!! TFS!!

• barbfrizzell1955
    15 years ago

I have the same plate that you used in the second before last picture and I love your totems, they are so cute.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

I've been collecting blue bottles for a bottle tree and blue glass pcs for some totems too! I have sooo many totems in my yard but a few more won't hurt!ha! I see your pooches in the background, my two are 6 and 9lbs and love to walk IN the flower beds!!! But then again, so do the deer!grrrrr

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

The first one is my favorite. What a great lamp base and bowl. Really pretty! You've been a busy gal. Maybe you'll inspire me, I need to get my crystal pieces figured out to make a totem. I can't seem to make heads or tails out of what I've got in my stash right now. LOL. Thanks for the idea on using a pretty plate for a top, been wondering what to do with a plate I liked and bought.

hugs, Karen

• cindee11461
    15 years ago

Just beautiful!!!!! Great job!!!

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Ditto!!! It's all been said.. You have a great talent for putting them together! Yes they are addicting.

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

You have some pretty combinations there. Are you planning to use them for birdfeeders? They would also make nice serving pieces for a buffet dinner. :o)

I've had a hard time keeping mine clean, the sprinkler system hits them, and they get water spots from the hard water. All of my plates are upside down, so at least the water doesn't sit in them. Guess I need to try something like Limeaway on them so they will sparkle again. Or maybe I should think about moving them to a new location away from the sprinklers. Anyone else had this problem?

Luvs

• texasfern
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the comments. I get all my inspiration from you guys.
    Hey Sorie and Laurie, how about some pictures!
    Karen, I put up some shelves I used to use in shows in my kitchen, and unloaded all my boxes of glass onto them.
    It is soo much easier than going out into the garage and trying to figure out what is what. I'm not lucky enough to have a studio!
    Most of this stuff I picked up at my local Goodwill Clearance.
    I have one more that I have done, it is my favorite.
    I'm having trouble with my camera but I will post as soon as I get a good pic.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    15 years ago

I've posted several of my totems you'll have to check the posts! I've got so much glass now that I'm having a hard time deciding how to put another one together. I've got 2 more curing but hate to take pics till I can get them in the garden. Yours are great. TFS.

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

They're all beauties...but I really love that first one!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Luvs, I have a problem with my crystal Totem I made. Mostly cause I goofed and the two little saucers I used, I put right side up. So they really are caked with hard water spots. I tried putting vinegar in them to soak but didn't help much. My other totems are fine, and I hose them off about once a week. The next crystal totem I need to plan better.

hugs, Karen

• grandma_bonnie
    15 years ago

Come on, Sorie... Share your pictures here! They are beautiful!

• dannab1
    15 years ago

Wow! How pretty, I love the swirly candleholder and of course anything with cobalt rocks! Thanks for sharing!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

I was looking at the sugar bowl again on the last photo...I cracked myself up thinking one of those would be neat for a garden lady, as the handles would be her ears. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

Luv em luv'em
    You are so talented!!!
    Can't wait for the next one to see what you have created!

Sylvia
    Nangrandma