Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bverste

Kane County Flea Market

bverste
13 years ago

I went to flea market, this past weekend. I bought a few things, but overall it was too expensive for totems, but the REAL purpose of my post is to tell you about the totems and glass flowers that a couple of venders had. One vendor had used a lot of art glass and painted glass in her totems, and bird baths. Both of the vendors used silicon to hold the plates together, and they both used hockey pucks on the back to connect to the rod stems. I couldn't take any pictures--the vendors were very vigilant about that! LOL. Anyway, the art glass totems were beautiful, as were the plate flowers. I went with friends, and they were helpful in finding cheap things, but also wrestled a few things from my hands due to their thinking it was sacrilege to use "collectables" in garden art--but they were cheap! any way I did come across some nice thing, and limited myself to $1.00 items or less. I had to BUY bottles for the bottle tree I am planning. we have a bottle deposit in Iowa and I called the recyling and they won't give or resell things from there. Oh well.

Comments (3)