Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kane County Flea Market

Posted by bverste zone 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 11:52

I went to flea market, this past weekend. I bought a few things, but overall it was too expensive for totems, but the REAL purpose of my post is to tell you about the totems and glass flowers that a couple of venders had. One vendor had used a lot of art glass and painted glass in her totems, and bird baths. Both of the vendors used silicon to hold the plates together, and they both used hockey pucks on the back to connect to the rod stems. I couldn't take any pictures--the vendors were very vigilant about that! LOL. Anyway, the art glass totems were beautiful, as were the plate flowers. I went with friends, and they were helpful in finding cheap things, but also wrestled a few things from my hands due to their thinking it was sacrilege to use "collectables" in garden art--but they were cheap! any way I did come across some nice thing, and limited myself to $1.00 items or less. I had to BUY bottles for the bottle tree I am planning. we have a bottle deposit in Iowa and I called the recyling and they won't give or resell things from there. Oh well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kane County Flea Market

hockey pucks....a great thought! thanks for sharing!

o

Sounds like a fun FMrkt! Hope you got some good bottles!

Would you e-mail me the Hwy 34 Iowa GS from Ottumwa to Mt. Pleasant sometime in Sept (that you mentioned on another post)...I tried your http://yardsaledreamland.com & can't find the date of this sale (or listing either). Thanks! Jeanne S.

o

Is that Kane Co. IL? The sale at the fairgrounds?
We used to sell antiques and junk there about 20 years ago when we lived up that way. A great place to sell and buy. Wish I could have been there. There's not many things like that go on right around here. I really miss it.

Just curious do you remember the price range of their plate flowers and stuff?

I hate it when the recycling and trash places won't let you have anything. Won't even let you buy anything.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here