Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
glass flowers

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 11:56

was just browsing Pinterest and found these gorgeous recycled glass flowers. Flowers would be easy.......mounting them on rods like he does will be tricky! But aren't they beautiful!!!!!

littlesomethings.blogspot.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: glass flowers

Well, I went to the link, but couldn't find any plate flowers.....hmmm.

o

me neither ! I did like the dogs though ...

o

About a year ago, I thought of making a simple
one of these, with a fancy glass saucer or bowl,
and a open ended glass light shade. I even bought
some plastic and glass 'stirrers' for the stamen.
But they sit on the shelf!
His are beautiful and very fancy.
To find the site, copy and paste again, and then
go to the search box, and enter glass flowers.
It should take you to a page then.
I am computer illiterate, so this is how I got there.

o

THANKS nonacook......I've been trying to figure out another way to get folks to the site because they are not plate flowers, though I guess similar. These flowers are REALLY pretty!

o

Try this link

Here is a link that might be useful: Glass flowers

o

They're absolutely stunning!! I attach a spoon or fork to the back of mine. I keep trying to think of a better way. His look so extremely professional.

o

Those are gorgeous. I have some small light covers that are shaped like those and I was thinking they would look good as flowers and could not figure out how to make them.

Thanks for the link.

o

Those are awesome .......... I see yet ANOTHER future project
*sigh*

o

I love Mike Urban's flowers!

and there are also some here from DAY DREAMS AND DUST BUNNIES
http://daydreamsdustbunnies.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Mike Urban's glass flowers

o

Daydreams and Dust Bunnies...that's me. Glad you found my blog, Kim. You can see more at etsy.com/recycleroom. This isn't an advertisement...just a note in case anybody wants to see more.

o

Whoops! That's wrong. I should be etsy.com/shop/RecycleRoom

o

Perfect! Daydreams and Dust Bunnies ... ;) So glad I found your wonderful art as well!

o

Thanks, Kim. I'm addicted. You should see my workroom. I go into a thrift shop or yard sale to buy one or two pieces to finish a piece that I'm working on, then leave with a whole big bag full.

o

I love these!!! His website is "under construction"...I'll be checking back with him off and on to see when it's back up and running. Thanks for sharing!

o

Wow! Those are gorgeous! I made one "nodding" flower, but with a 45 degree pipe fitting. I just wasn't happy with the pipe and didn't make any more. His looks like a spike welded to the metal bar, that somehow sticks into the flower. Very elegant and delicate result, however he did it.

Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here