Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden snails

Posted by r_murray 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 25, 10 at 12:01

Okay guys sculptures 47 and 48 on the way to 50.
Anyway here are the two additional snails from my collection. I know the pictures are terrible.
Photobucket
This guy is 5 feet tall and made from a bicycle wheel, two lids from scented candles, piece of PVC pipe, an old iron crow-bar, two marbles, to lamp finals, two crystals, and some scrap metal.

Photobucket
While this little guy is mounted on a trophy base (a ts find), the "shell" was cut from the most horrible table lamp ever, the body is a defunct windshield wiper blade, and the head uses two crystals from a chandelier.

Hope you enjoy these garden critters.
Robert

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden snails

These little critters are just great! You are just too creative for words Robert! Another great job..thanks for sharing them with us!

o

Great critters! That 5' tall sculpture would love great in a pond garden! Good luck on your newest endeavor for the 50 pc. collection! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Just too, too cute Robert!

Can't wait to see what you make for the 50th!

o

Incredible! What a great way to use wheels.
Be sure to give us a like to your auction.
Kathy

o

Love the tall small, he's going for the tender stuff up top!! Well, the lamp might have been a dud but your snail sure isn't, nice save! And crystal eyes to boot!! Jan

o

Your imagination still astounds me! I love them both but the 5 footer would sure be impressive in the garden!

o

The little snail is a cutie, but that big one is simply amazing! I totally agree with Luna... your imagination is astounding!

hugs, Karen

o

Wish I had just half of your imagination! I am in love with the big one.....I squish every snail I see in my garden...but these are way toooo cute to do anything but love!

o

How can I see a picture of these. I'm new to this site

o

You'd have to ask him to re-post...when pics are moved, links get broken...can try that...& welcome to GJ! Jeanne S.

o

You can find them here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Robert's Backyard on facebook

o

thank you Robert fo rposting your page. It was so much fun to look at your amazing art again.
If you have talked about the auction or selling it, I missed it. I'm wondering how it went?
Kathy

o

All I can say is WOW! I am inspired. Now I have to make a smail for my garden. Thank you Wiselady for bumping this post and thank you Robert for generously reposting pictures.

o

So many unique and wonderful things are made by Robert,
but the snails and dragonflies have always been a particular favorite of mine. If I lived near him, I'd be over there begging him to sell me some, and probably a lot of other stuff. LOL. I love Robert's creations and admire
his many talents.

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here