Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deer Antler Help

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 15, 10 at 12:14

Has anyone done or seen any unique ways of recycling deer antlers into something fun for the garden area? I seem to be getting quite a collection and they aren't very attractive piled up in a box!! I have so far cut a few and made some beads and created a lanyard for my grandson and am currently working on making a necklace with some "slices" but I have enough left over to do something for the garden if only I knew what!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deer Antler Help

I was thinking of using pieces to make a windchime. The critters such as raccoons love to nibble on them around here so I display them on the porch. :o) I've also seen whole ones displayed around a garden sign. Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

Do you recall seing sun-catchers? They were like wind chimes, but the strands of fishing line had prisms and clear beads, half-round marbles and especially and most beautifully, little one-inch mirror tiles glued back to back, on the fishing line - anything that sparkles and shines. The antlers could be like a large hook to hold several strands of sparkling gems.
-Sprout

o

put a few together and make a chandelier or candle-ier
kudzu

o

If I were to cut up my dh's deer antlers I think we would be headed for divorce. LOL

o

I saw a garden doorway at a botanical garden that had deer antlers fastened around it. Looked really great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here