Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished -copper butterfly after heating

Posted by toomuchglass 53172 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 26, 10 at 12:26

I finally got it put together . The body is some copper nuggets - and I glued a little clothepin on the back so I can clamp it where I want it . You can't tell but the wings are folded upwards alittle .For now he's staying indoors - an outdoor one (sealed ) will be next !

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished -copper butterfly after heating

LOVE IT!!! I'm so happy you posted this and the other post about the differences in color you get with different heat settings. There were some copper earrings on Etsy that I lusted over, but just couldn't afford, and now I may have a chance of making my own.
Of course, you're slightly on my bad list, since this is yet ANOTHER craft I have to add to my to do list :)

o

So, so beautiful. I agree with Kelli oh, yet another craft to add. Thanks for sharing.

o

Too, that butterfly is absolutely GORGEOUS. I love the copper colors!

o

It is beautiful, TFS Bev

o

A great finish, 2much! Love that's it's copper & love the colorful finish! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I love it!
Kathy

o

Thank you for the compliments !! *Blush*

o

That turned out very pretty !!!

o

very, very, very nice.

o

Beautiful! I love the embossing you did on it too.
Donna

o

WOWEE! LOVE the way this turned out! Just beautiful....I NEED one....let's see.....where did I put that copper sheeting? Hmmmmmmmm......

o

Great job!! It turned out so beautiful!!

o

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the embossing and the bling for the body. It will look great indoors or out! Awesome job!

o

This is just too cool!! I love the look of copper & embossing just makes it even better, but to heat it & change the color is over the top!! TFS!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here