Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bverste

saywhatagnes' windows

bverste
13 years ago

I found an old post, with photos of your windows, when I have seen these wonderful windows, I had assumed you used safety glass as well as stained glass, so am I understanding you created the same type look with stippled caulk? Also, have you ever done this directly to a working window? I was thinking my bathroom window.

Comments (6)

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

I remember that window. It was really pretty, and I remember I was surprised that was how she did it, too. Thought that was a great idea. I've not done it on any large scale but, yes, you can spread the caulk and put a texture on it. No reason why you couldn't do it on a working window. It can be upright, it doesn't run, it's very forgiving being as it doesnt dry fast. Probably helpful to experiment beforehand on some scrap glass using different things to texture it, till you find what you like and perfect your technique before you start on the bathroom window.

I couldn't find that post when I searched here but found it on google. Heres the link she has some excellent comments about it. Saywhatagnes used an old toothbrush to stipple with.
    Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: stippled caulk window

• Patsey Nelson
    13 years ago

I love your stippled windows. I understand the stippled background. How do you spread it out smooth like in your
    flower petals.
    I just came across some pallet stabilizers. They are made out of pallet wood but look just like a window. Have been trying to decide what I could do with them. I have the perfect limb in an old flower bed that use to hold a swing. It would be perfect for this window, but it is 4'x4'. All I would need to do is add glass and stain the frame. Would love some ideas.
    Thanks all and keep up the good work,
    Patsey

• pattico_gw
    13 years ago

I had to check to see if saywhatagnes replied to this....darn...she didn't

I have sent cards to her, emailed her many times...checked over and over on the forums I know she went to...I can't find her. Been looking for her for a couple of years...Hope she is okay.

I miss you miss aggie....

I think of you everytime I look at my chimes...

patti

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Midway, if you look halfway down the link that garden2garden supplied, you see that she (agnes?) stippled the caulk (ge silicone ii for windows and doors clear) with a toothbrush then pushed in pieces of glass and glass marbles as the decoration. So it isn't smoothed out it is glass.
    I'm intrigued by the bathroom window idea. I wonder howhard it would be to clean. And which side is the "in-side"?
    Kathy

• Patsey Nelson
    13 years ago

concretenprimroses, I don't know but I love the look of that window.
    Thanks, Patsey

• bverste
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I think I am going to start small, with maybe a picture frame and glass, I am going to copy Agnes' flowers, since I am not very original, though now that I think about it I do have some stained glass flowers without the copper or leading--just the pieces I had for stepping stones, so we will see what I come up with