Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
the wire rings

Posted by beck_wi z5 WI (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 3, 10 at 13:39

I acquired 12 of these wires. They are about 12" long with a 1 1/2" loop at the top.

Photobucket

Immediately I thought I would wire something into the center and make them into mini suncatchers to add color to the flower pots on my deck.
I found some gemstones in my stash that had loops on the back like buttons. I put them back to back and wired them in.... like this

Photobucket

The next one I tried gluing some marble backs to a paper clip and wiring them in but they are just too heavy for this wire and it bends... back to the drawing board on that one.

Photobucket

I also have some stamped glass butterflies I thought of putting in there, but I suspect they will also be too heavy..... so I'm back to square one. I have 11 of these wires and I know that there are some FABulous things to be done with them, but I'm much better at copying than I am coming up with it myself.

I wish I had, or knew someone who has some stained glass scraps... I think they would be perfect for these.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the wire rings

Why don't you double or even triple layer the hoops? The you could twine wire around them to hold 'em together. You won't have as many stakes, but they would be more sturdy.

o

How 'bout some beads? Probably a bit lighter than the half marbles, but just as sparkly. You could string them along the wire like you have in the first pic...or something like this -

Photobucket

o

I was going to make the same suggestions as shrillmtb as soon as I saw your wire loops. Just get some smaller gauge wire at a craft store. Twist some on one end of your loop and and beads and then twist onto the other side. It's almost like a dreamcatcher with beads. Kind of like what I did with this bottle bug.

Good Garden Bug

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here