Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
life preserver

Posted by mmebrady (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 9, 10 at 13:55

Here's a life preserver I got from a junk shop. It's in my nautical bed -- a work in progress!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: life preserver

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: life preserver

Neat Idea!! I like it. Cheryl

o

We need to see a picture of this nautical bed! Mainly because I have several nautical themed things that I would like to incorporate into a garden setting...love the life preserver!

o

the garden part is in really rough shape right now....this summer was just too hot to do what it needed to have done! I have a paddle I painted, and a ceramic GS fish (I couldn't pass it up!) I'll try to post pix tomorrow.

o

What a cute idea! I love the SS Blooms A Lot too! I'd love to see the rest of your nautical "junk" too.

o

That was a very lucky find. I love how you painted it. I never see many nautical things around here, could it be because I'm landlocked in the middle of Arkansas, you think? Be sure and show us your progress on your bed.
Frou

o

I actually didn't paint it, I used red duct tape. I thought it would cover better, and it came out well. I used Sharpie for the lettering, because I wasn't sure how paint would cover. I was happy with how it turned out!

o

Looks great.....gotta see pics of more nautical and of the finished bed one day. I never thought of a nautical theme but my imagination is running wild!

o

mmebrady...thanks for the duct tape idea...I've recently tried to clean up life preserver that hangs by our pool...cracked, looks a bit moldy...but still serves it purpose (if needed!) I had painted "Welcome to our pool" on it 5 yrs ago or so. Used bleach, 409, etc. & scrub brush...so YOU have found a solution for me, too!

I also have a small nautical garden...fun to see new ideas for these type of gardens...like froufrou above, I am landlocked also, but in IA! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

The duct tape was super easy, and it comes in so many colors now! You might want to use a partner -- my 13 year old DD helped me s -- it was easier to keep it smooth, and see what spots I was missing on the back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here