Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Re : my post - what I wanted to do - LOOK!

toomuchglass
14 years ago

I bumped up my post about something I've been wanting to do for years ...... If this isn't the biggest coincidence there ever was - I don't know what is !

Check out this ad from Craigs list :

FREE CRAFT FAIR

I am looking to have a back yard craft fair. If you are interested in participating you can bring your crafts and a table to set it up on and spend the day outdoors. There is no fee for this, I just want to have a few fellow crafters to chat with and sell their crafts without the high booth fees I have paid over the years. I am looking at the last weekend in September and rain date the first weekend in October. If this sounds like something you would like to do please email me at rogers112@yahoo.com I am located in South Milwaukee. I can accomodate 10 crafters if I get that many responses. I plan on using my driveway and front yard. If I get more I can move more into the back yard. I have never done this before so if you have and have ideas please share. Thanks for looking. I want this to be fun and profitable for all.

I almost flipped when I read that - she's right in my city - about 10 miles away !!! LOL - her name is Kathy ,too ! This must mean something ,dontcha think ??? *giggle*

We're still into the ' introducing ourselves by emails ' stage - I don't even know what she crafts yet . Hopefully we have alot in common & can become crafting buddies.

~*~*~ I'm just shaking my head at how amazing Karma

works ~*~*~* !

Comments (14)

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

Too funny, what a great idea, now I am thinking this may be what I need to look into getting started. I hope it works out for you, let us know.

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

What a fun way to get to know others.I hope some kids have a lemonade and cookie stand!

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but I would make sure that whoever is doing the craft show has all of the required permits and insurance. The fines for not doing so can be outrageous and if her homeowner's insurance doesn't cover this kind of thing you could really be in trouble if someone got hurt and decided to sue. I think if you do it as just one crafter it would qualify as a garage sale in most towns but any time you have more than one, the city or towns usually have special requirements.

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You are absolutely right Smickerdoodle. That's a great suggestion of things to look into . I always seem to jump into things so fast - without thinking . It's friends like you that make me put on the brakes and *think *

:-)

• morninglori
    14 years ago

Sound great! My friend and I have done a show in June for 3 years now and have done fabulous! We sell garden themed, repurposed, reinvented items for home and garden. Sold lots of glass flowers, concrete mushrooms, planters, trellises,tables,mosaics and tons more. We work all year and have the sale in her garden. The venue alone makes it so unique and no competition!! We have a great mailing list now and are already buying and creating for next year. Good luck, I think people are looking for something a little different now and we sold alot as gifts too.

Sandy

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Oh Kathy!!! How awesome!!! My friend Klinger has joined a Art tour in her neighborhood and has invited me to join her on the Thanksgiving weekend tour...I gotta get cracking now and make some stuff!!!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Toomuchglass, that is wonderful that you found that opportunity on craigs list. Don't you just love when thing fall into place? Good luck on that.

Carmen

• minnesotamaggie
    14 years ago

Sounds exciting! Hope you'll keep us posted!

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    14 years ago

In the few emails we've exchanged - we seem to have ALOT in common ! We'll talk this week. :-)

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

Kathy, I hope it all works out for you. I do hope you will keep us posted on how things turn out. I didn't want to be a downer earlier. I would just hate to see things go bad because you didn't know about the permits. I want you to have the best sale ever!

• nmgirl
    14 years ago

Sounds like fun. Good luck!
    I hope everything works out and goes well.
    Sylvia

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

And this Kathy who lives near you isn't me! How many Kathys are there in the Milwaukee area? he-he Let me know where it will be so I can be a customer!

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'll definately let you know . If "toeless" can live without you for awhile - I'll kidnap you ! *smile*!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Sounds like great fun!! Crafters are hard to find out here as so many of the boutiques have turned to "store bought" type stuff that most crafters gave up & don't do the fairs & boutiques anymore. I think I would want to meet with her 1st & see her yard (just to figure out how you will set up things don't want any surprises day of sale.) Is there any shade, wind protection needed , uneven driveway, etc things like that that you may have to plan for. Jan

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH