Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What 2 do with gal jug

Posted by r_murray 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 4, 10 at 14:15

Way back, eons ago, cocreteprimrose asked for ideas using gallon bottles. Well I have a garden junk idea for anyone with the same problem. I made a "face" jug in the form of a bird.
You could make any character I just picked a bird. What I like about this idea is by filling with water and adding some food color you can change the bird (in this case) without a lot of work. Used as a centerpiece on a patio table it would help keep the tablecloth in place or on a post it could simply "look" nice.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What 2 do with gal jug

That one would make a great scarecrow if you have chickens or a vegetable garden. Set that thing on top of a post, take off the lid and stick some blingy sparklers in the top of it. The shiny eyes would look similar to owls eyes to predator birds and the shiny glass would scare them too. Cheryl

o

Cool idea, Robert! I love face jugs. Now I have to look for a glass jug! I like the beak on yours. Did you have to cut a piece of wood special for the beak?

o

Yup, those EYES would scare the blackbirds away! Don't know about the bunnies, tho! LOL! Beak is great, too...TFS the idea & adding colored water. Jeanne S.

o

Very cool bird. I also liked seamommy's idea of adding something in the top. I'm thinking a real "wild-haired" looking bird. LOL. I'd probably fill the bottle with black color for a Crow.

hugs, Karen

o

What an awesome idea! I love face jugs (and my gallon ones are still sitting in the cellar, lol). Robert thank you for remembering. I did get a bottle cutter, and as soon as I've mastered it I'm going to make a few of mine into plant cloches. But now I'll have to make some face jugs too.
Kathy

o

Cool idea! Love the eyes!

o

I keep thinking about sticking an old feather-duster in the top part, LOL. Tho that also makes me think of Woody Woodpecker.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here