Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
.25 cent print transformation

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 14:43

This is not exactly garden junk......but it is recycled. On Friday I found this I-H tractor print at a GS for .25. Saturday a friend was having a baby shower and the theme in her new sons room is I-H Tractors!!! I alraedy had a gift but this was too good to pass up. I decoupaged the print on an 1/8" thick piece of plywood, attached 3 old pieces of barn wood together and mounted the pic on top. Then I glued on nuts and bolts, small wrenches, pliers amd screw driver. I also wired the heavy pieces on for safety. Got it all done in time for the shower and the new mommy was so excited. Never told her it all started out with a .25 print and free "junk"!!!

I-H Picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: .25 cent print transformation

wow! I love it!! What a great idea! Old prints can be great finds!

o

That is adorable. You did a great job.
Frou

o

Cute, very creative, I like it!

o

Very cute!!

o

That's really nice! I like the way you mounted and embellished it. I love that picture.

o

Very cool! Love the tool embellishments. And definitely worth the price!

o

How perfect is that! It is something that he can grow up with.

o

That is so very creative and thoughtful! I see lots of Norman Rockwell prints at thrift stores and yard sales- those would work really well for this kind of thing. I can visualize many variations using vintage odds and ends... I'm clipping this post, for future reference...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here