Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cadillactaste

Got my plate glass flowers finally planted...

cadillactaste
10 years ago

I got three of the plate flowers last year...and the bird/owl this year. Had to do hardscape out front before planting them. (Backyard was our project for the past two summers)Sort of late in the season for the other things like vines and such for the area...but these brighten the area up and make it not look so bare.

Comments (19)

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

VEry nice. Love the owl, what a riot!
    Kathy

• cadillactaste
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Kathy! He gets many compliments...the flowers their self are whimsy...the owl is a hoot! Lol

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Love them all,but the owl is also my favorite.TFS
    Kathi

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

That owl is just toooo cute! Like the flowers also

• gammagirl
    10 years ago

very cool!

• mjowest
    10 years ago

I'm sick of owls, but NOT this one! he could live in my garden FOREVER! LOVE it!!!

• cadillactaste
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone for the kind words...
    Mjowest...lol I read your first part and was like...oh my goodness they hate owls...then laughed as I read the rest. I'm pretty happy he has set up roost at my place. The seller off Etsy had a few more Owls...I just couldn't let this fella slip through my hands.

Shocked no one seems to have seen plate glass flowers before in my neck of the woods. Though it was new to me last year when we visited PA. Just not something you see around here. I live at a private lake...only house on the street. So not many see ours even. But when they do...it makes great conversation. And at the lumberyard the girl is always asking to show photos to people there. She was there when I brought them in to size for copper pipe.

• beachplant
    10 years ago

They look great! I put some in my plot at the community garden. When we were on the garden tour everyone asked about them. Noone told me until the last day, I told them they should have sold them! We have a plant sale and the money supports our garden. So now I am making a few hundred for the sale next spring.
    Tally HO!

• cadillactaste
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Beachplant...I see you having great success with your plate flowers next year. We actually have had other neighbors who visit tell others about our flowers...and we've had a lot of traffic by our place and many stopping asking about where they can get their hands on them.

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

I love the owl & others are very nice also! They do fill in the area nicely! TFS Jan

• cadillactaste
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Jan...

Trying to give the front a bit of curb appeal. A friend says its the "Hutt family" there are four of us. Lol so that is what she seen.

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Those look great! And the owl is just fabulous...I've never seen an owl plate flower before...too cute!

• cadillactaste
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Marlene! I think it brings a bit of quarkiness...to the area. I also love bird watching...it had never seen an owl flower plate either until I came upon that seller on Etsy.

• shysue
    10 years ago

Your plate flowers are all beautiful! The owl flower is definitely a hit with everyone. Great work!

• cnm1
    10 years ago

They do look great. The owl is special - I have not seen that before. Very fun - I am sure it makes you smile!!

• cadillactaste
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Shysue...thank you! And I concur you are right that owl is a hit with everyone.

Cnm1...it indeed makes me smile! Thanks!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

Thanks for the giggle this am!! What are the owls eyes made of? tfs.

• cadillactaste
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorie6 I'm not quite sure what exactly went into making the eyes...since I purchased it. But here is a close up. Maybe you can figure it out.

• cadillactaste
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A link to other owls this seller has for sale (I do not know her personally...but maybe they will inspire ones creativity) the nose/beak is a corner of a dish...and raised off the plate. She must cut the glass somehow. She also drills a hold in the plate to attach a flattened spoon.

Or...maybe an owl will speak to you...and you'll want one of hers. She has a another that really caught my eye. But I don't need two!
    This seller also sold me just the copper leafs and vine that mounts to a coppers pole. $17 I think per leaf maybe...but less in shipping when one can pick up a copper pipe at a lumberyard.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ARTfulSalvage/search?search_query=Owl&order=date_desc&view_type=gallery&ref=shop_search

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ARTfulSalvage/search?search_query=Owl&order=date_desc&view_type=gallery&ref=shop_search