Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fisherboy in the Jungle!!!

Posted by jeannespines 4 Iowa (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 20, 10 at 15:34

Back in early May, I posted this pic of my "fisherboy" who sits at my pond & is quite old...we bought him at my DH's parents estate sale some yrs ago:
Pond Fisher Boy Front 5.10
That wire bucket beside him was a TS find...has Japanese Bloodgrass growing in it.

Well, today (August), I took a pic to share ...here he is still fishing but he's in the "jungle" with Elephant Ears now!

Fisherboy Elephant Ears Pond 8.10

Another view:

Fisherboy Elephant Ears Pond Pic 8.10

Here's a close-up:

Fisherboy Elephant Ears CloseUp 8.10

What a difference a few hot & humid mos. make, uh! Thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fisherboy in the Jungle!!!

How Cute! I had one for many years, but he finally fell apart. Hmmm...... I need to look for a new one. I have a nice little water plant box he sits by.

o

You're right....what a difference a few months make! He looks quite at home there amongst the elephant ears!

o

Everything sure filled in nicely. He looks like he likes it there. My yard is barely alive with all the happenings this last 3 months, no time to garden. We got my dad 4 finches & he can see them out the kitchen window on the counter on the patio. He is thrilled & gives him something to do. He used to have several birdhouses in the yard so this is good substitute.Jan

o

He's a smart little guy for finding himself a spot in the shade! Love the little lantern and turtle you have by him too.

o

My Mother had one....My brother got it.
I'll bet it got washed out into the bay
during Hurricane Ivan.
I haven't seen it lately...

o

I like spring and summer photos of the garden and your little guy seems to enjoy the elephant ears. I have a jungle of them this year along with banana trees with bananas...pretty cool for Indiana.

Lisa

o

WOW! Looks great! Worth the wait! I too, have planted some E ears, and they are Finally growing! I made a bog garden and have them and a brug in it and they are just starting to do something....Your fisherman is reminding me to get my Gnome Garden started...heh heh!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here