Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Calling all lexel users

concretenprimroses
12 years ago

I know some of you use Lexel instead of geii and it dries much clearer. I am thinking of testing it over the winter here in NH on plate flowers and totems, but I wondered if you would tell about your experience with it. That is, what you use if on, what zone you live in or what temperature extremes you have, and how it has held up.

Thanks. The idea of clear is very appealing. I will report next spring about my experience.

Kathy

Comments (8)

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well I guess I'll make a few and photo them and put them in this thread. That's the only way I can keep track of what I do! Then we will see how they survive my winter. I've got a whole tube of lexel tho. Gotta find something to do with it.

MUCH longer cure time is the one thing I gathered from doing a search.

Kathy

• kim546
    12 years ago

Kathy, I'm new and you had written back to me before. I wanted to respond to your call for all lexel users but I waited to see if anyone in a cold climate answered first. I'm in central South Carolina and started this summer doing totems with Lexel but it said 30 days to cure. The humidity here was aweful, so I didn't want to sell or gift any 'til curing time was over. I switched to GEII after a couple projects. They are fine so far,will have to see how they winter. I loved hearing about your sale! Someday soon I will try to post my projects.I have a fair the end of Sept.I see people introduce themself first, I had never belonged to a forum before,so maybe that's why you were the only one to write back but I do appreciate it :) Thanks, Kim

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

I used Lexel once on the advice of the owner of our local hardware. The only complaint I had was the cure time. I don't remember which one I used it on so don't know how well it held up. I haven't had any failures with mine and no complaints from customers.

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow 30 days! That is way to long to keep things in a safe and quiet place. Just a couple days of having plate flowers underfoot drives me nuts.

Kim, thanks for answering and I'd love to see pics. GEii has certainly stood the test of time for many of us here (meaning years). I just liked the idea of having clear because geii looks messy sometimes.

I'll have to see if dh has any use for it before I open the tube of lexel. I'd still like to try it.

Kathy

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

I've used lexel before -- it holds up great & is so clear it just disapperars. My only complaint was the stuff left in the tube that I didn't use -- dried up really fast.
    It's not easy to find around here , but I really do like it. It's worth the few extra bucks .

• gretch1964
    12 years ago

I love lexel. That is all i every use on all my projects. I use on my mosaic windows and all my outside stuff. I let it dry for a few days and grout.
    I get mine from here
    http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/productDetails.aspx?SKU=13863

• jennie_in_mt
    12 years ago

Love lexel.

• concretenprimroses
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for the answers. I have a bunch of red glass plates that I want to make into flowers for the Christmas season. But I really want clear. It sounds like I can use lexel and be confident that it will last for the winter without testing it myself first if Toomuchglass/Kathy and Jennie use it. I think I will put together the 10 plate flowers to day and let them cure a couple of weeks on my porch. I will post pics in a new thread. Then hopefully I'll find some spoons at a big town-wide yard sale nearby to finish them off.
    Dh says he can use up the rest of the tube. He also said he has a cap that keeps the stuff in the tubes fresh, so we'll see!
    Kathy

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH