Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We're Back !

Posted by mommyandme2 TX (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 28, 11 at 15:52

Hello to All ! My youngest dtr & I joined this forum 3 years ago after completing several projects in CT. - however, my health & consequently my bank acct. continued to collapse, so now I am living in McAllen TX with my oldest dtr & her family. My youngest, a/k/a "me" and my middle dtr have relocated to Austin. I struggled here with potted plants on a tiny patio, but the brutal sun & lack of rain ruined that plan. This summer, I decided to turn the patio into a junk garden. Aluminum flowers,vines and leaves, glass flowers, aluminum butterflies and bottle bugs will be mixed with a few cacti & succulents, a few store-bought pieces as well as a some sculptures and ceramic pieces made by my oldest, an artist/art teacher. "Me" will be coming down here for a week's visit and we will be putting the garden together at that time. She has a camera and we will be posting photos. Wish us luck, please ! " Mommy & Me"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We're Back !

Good to hear from you and glad to have you posting again! Best of luck in getting set up in your new home and we look forward to seeing your new creations!

o

I am looking forward to seeing your garden.

Marylee

o

Welcome back! Can't wait to see pics.
Kathy

o

Have fun creating your own personal space! Glad to hear from you again! Hope things go better now. So many have had downturns in their lives. Economy is brutal & worse now with this huge storm along East Coast! Got 3 bros in TX & they seem to like it so maybe it is close to relatives or whatever. Glad you are safely with DD's. Jan

o

What a great idea. I'm anxious to see photos.

o

Welcome back! Always look forward to seeing more pics & ideas! Yup, GOOD LUCK! sounds like a fun project! Jeanne S.

o

Welcome back and can't wait to see pics!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here