Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Project - Wind spinners

Posted by toomuchglass 53172 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 16, 10 at 15:55

This popped into my head one night - hhhmmmmm.......something that spins with the wind.
I made these 2 "prototypes" to see if it worked - and I'll be darned - it does !! They spin in the breeze ! These are really rough - my soldering is sloppy & I see how I could improve them.

This is the first one I made :

Photobucket

Photobucket

The leaves are from the GW ... The marble on top is the pivot point that makes it spin.

Here's my second one -- I decided to use a solar light on the top of the spinner. (Also has GW leaves & plastic beads ) It spins & sparkles in the sun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Like I said - these really need tweaking - but the idea is there !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Project - Wind spinners

How pretty and just in time for fall!
tanya

o

they are really beautiful!!! nice job!!

o

Those are fantastic! I am drooling over those leaves, they're so pretty - and what a great way to use them!

o

I love the 1st 1, I see nothing wrong with it except possibly some of solder area shows,I think so just a dab of paint in bronze would cover that. I might be wrong as I can't get it to blow up bigger. Anyway I think it's great!! I just got a leaf thing from TS. Has 3 leaves on it in copper but I don't know if I could solder or not. Did you solder leaves so center has a circle that slips over the pole so it can spin? 2nd is nice too with the light. I would love the solar light with leaves on 1st 1.Perfection! Oh, what were the leaves in their other life? Jan

o

What a great idea! LOVE the first one especially with the maple leaves and marble topper....great job! We will need instructions though!

o

Very very nice. Love the one with the beads!

o

Beautiful as they are!! Would also complement a gorgeous fall arrangement. Super idea!!
-Sprout

o

Those are cool !!!!!!!!!!Love them!!!

o

Cool idea, toomuch! I love the copper leaves on these projects and the spinning idea. Copper seems to be in my mind lately (since painting the Dutch Windmill & accenting it with copper. Just got a copper planter on clearance sale at Lowe's ... & the other day a big fiberglass copper looking one, too! I love recycling metal leaves on my Barnwood Blooms, too. So, as I've rattled on...you may be able to tell that I love your copper leaves & ideas! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Very cool! Sparkle and movement in the garden. What more could you want?

o

LOVE THEM!! I've been wanting a spinner for my yard for a while, but I don't want to pay what they want for them!!! PLEASE - instructions, I can't even begin to figure out how you've done the spinning part!!!

o

I love them! I love anything copper! Great for fall!

o

What a great idea.

o

WOW.... those are just gorgeous and such an imagination and know-how to make it all work!!

o

WOW---They are both great I love them both. Hope you will give
instructions for them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here