Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tehuti

I think I did

tehuti
13 years ago

post this before but my "sometimers" is acting up and I can't remember who I am.

{{gwi:181059}}

I also think I have to get back to the shop - things need to be created.

Thanks to all who have graciously commented on my art.

Robert

Comments (8)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I don't remember this Thunderbird, but then I seem to suffer often from Oldtimers disease. LOL.

You certainly need a gallery to showcase your unique artwork. Some Metal Sculptors get big bucks and I know darn well you are as good as any of them!

{{gwi:77274}}

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

Well - I don't even have to reply -- you already know everytime I see your art - I'm in a Tizzy !

********* Robert - are you retired ? -- or are you just the kind of person that can squeeze 36 hours into one day ? LOL

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

You once posted a "phoenix" but I haven't seen this one before. I'm always blown away by how you can take ordinary household objects and create something so cool with them. I look at a garden trowel and see a tool for digging in the dirt. You see the body of a bird. Amazing!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Well, I thought it was a garden angel so it's still really neat looking!! Is that part of a weight thing that goes in brackets(always cringe when someone takes them off to "lift" them. I had some around here when son lifted some weights. Jan

• tehuti
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes I am retired but I only sleep about 4 hours a night. The rest of the time I dream; sometimes on the computer (MS Paint), or on paper  yup I have a big pile of paper scraps loaded with sketches and poems, and bits of stories: all kinds of unfulfilled dreams. .

A gallery? Karen - from your lips to God's ears. I did spend some time on the internet looking for an agent but I guess I didnÂt do that right.

I also exhausted my search for an Arts grant. With that I might be able to purchase some real equipment instead of having to rely on a "thrown together" collection of mismatched tools. But grants for the Arts are for the "In" people and not for self-taught, outsider artist like me. It would be nice to supplement my poverty level income but I have always worked with just enough to get the job done so I'm kinda used to it. Not that I wouldnÂt welcome a change.

But I am so fortunate to be able to use the talents lent to me to make people smile every now and again. And I have been blessed that my little creative works are so well received and might be the spark that causes someone to discover their own hidden talents.

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

Well said, Robert.

Do you ever do any craft/garden/antique/junk shows/sales? Some of them draw loads of people, and that would get you a lot of exposure. You might sell some peices to be able to expand, and you never know who you might run into at those things either. Altho I know you have to pay in advance to set up and that can get expensive.
    OR any chance of making a little studio at home? Sometimes when no help seems available you just have to take things into your own hands. Good luck to you.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Well Robert, you may not be in the "in" crowd, but you're certainly an accomplished artist and certainly IN with us here! Your work is amazing and inspires us to continue to imagine and create! It's been wonderful seeing your latest works of art! Keep 'em coming!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I appreciate you sharing your work on here! Internet agents, bah, humbug! Art grants, next to impossible!! Just keep up the good work...fulfilment doesn't always add $$$ in the pocket...but in the spirit world, you are flying high! TFS! Jeanne S. ...love this Thunderbird, too!