Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old bird cage and a teal bowling ball

Posted by tasymo zone 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 30, 10 at 16:05

I had some awesome luck junking this week! Check out this old bird cage! I'm not sure how I'll use it yet. The BB will definitely go in my garden. The color is so pretty, it will probably remain nekkid. You can see more goodies on my blog!

Image link: Old bird cage and a teal bowling ball (61 k)

Here is a link that might be useful: Tasymo's blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old bird cage and a teal bowling ball

Holy smokes!! I'd say you were lucky!! I love the colors of the birdcage & the BB! The birdcage would be pretty sitting on a small table with a couple of those glass bluebirds or the white love doves from Home INterior & maybe a small plant inside.

I'd leave the BB alone too, my dad found one for me in dark emerald green with sparkles in it. I'm leaving it alone too. I'm dying to see what you do with the table & graters.

o

GREAT finds! Are you sure you didn't sneak that bowling ball from me? ;O) I love the color of it too! Like minds think alike! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Blue Bowling Ball 2

Photobucket

o

Love the cage, you can make a bottom of 1/2 x 1 in long mesh wire screen?(like chicken wire but heavier & different shaped) can make rabbit cages out of it. The teal is such a pretty color & look at all the things you have the same color, can make a whole area of garden sparkle in teal!! Love the sled, reminds me of when I was a kid & got 1 lot like that for xmas, no money that year so dad got a couple of rejects from the dump & fixed up 1 nice sled for me. I really liked mine & was so happy but then saw neighbor kids brand new ones & was a little jealous until they challenged me to a race down a hill & I won by a lot, then they wanted to use mine, I said No thanks, I liked mine & of course had to run & tell dad when he got home that I had the fastest sled. It actually steered better too. Guess the others were too new! Jan

o

Kirkus, if I had been in your neighborhood, I'd have swiped more than just your teal BB! You've got some great stuff!! Jan, your sled was a labor of love from your Daddy. Of course it was faster than the other kids sleds! I like the idea of putting the bird cage on it's own little table, with a plant and birds inside. Great, now I have to start looking for just the right sized table...

o

WOW! Love the BB color and the birdcage! Great finds....woohoo for you!!

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 31, 10 at 13:40

I love the colors of them too. Great find. Can't wait to see what you do with the bird cage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here