Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvs2click

Teasets galore and more garage sale finds!

luvs2click
12 years ago

A friend and I spent last Thursday and Friday on the Lincoln Highway Buyway Sales - old Rt. 30 across Ohio and I found many treasures for my sales next spring! Miniature teacups and teapots were EVERYWHERE the first day, but only found a few the second day. Also lots of pans for fairy gardens, light bulbs for bugs, shoes for planting and other things. Here's a few photos of some of the stash from day #1 - was too tired and overheated at the end of day #2 and forgot to take pictures! I also got a huge pot (probably 18" square) packed full of hens & chickens for $5, my friend got one also. I've separated them into individual pots so that by next spring I'll have zillions. It was about 90 degrees both days and high humidity - but the first day we went 8.5 hrs. and the second day we went 10 hrs. In the top photo you can see stacks of plastic pots too - exactly what I need when I pot up perennials in the spring. Can't wait to go again next year!

{{gwi:181192}}

{{gwi:181194}}

Comments (12)

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Lots and lots of goodies there!!!!
    Have fun with them, and make lots of fairy gardens with the pans!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Well, luvs, you worked very hard for all those goodies!!! That's alot of hours! (& much fun, I know!)

Wonderful containers for your miniature gardens & you really scored on the kids' teasets! That tray full is something! Great pickin'! TFS! Jeanne s.

• diggery
    12 years ago

Wow, what a haul! Your hard work certainly paid off. Can't wait to see your creations. I feel your exhaustion more than you know, lol. At this point, a 90 degree + humidity day here would be welcome. Here's hopin you can work in the a/c =]

~digger

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Sounds like you had a couple of really good days. You will certainly be busy using all your goodies.

Marylee

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Wow! Lots of materials for you to make great arrangements next spring. I love those boots,rusty edged enamel pans & soda wooden container! Glad you had good luck finding lots of treasures! Jan

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Wonderful! Looks like you and your friend had a lot of fun.
    Kathy

• chevy57red
    12 years ago

Heat & humidity aside..what outstanding finds.. I just love all of the enamelware and how pretty all of the fairy gardens will be!!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Looks like you and your friend hit the jackpot! Glad you had such a great time and found so many treasures. My DH and I are heading out this weekend for a similar type deal here in VA.

• lamb716
    12 years ago

Wow! You really found alot of treasures indeed. I love your container gardens. Do you drill holes in the bottom? Curious, I have some hens and chicks in an oblong pan, didn't drill holes b/c at the time didn't have access to a drill. You mentioned separating them now before spring. If I do that, they'll grow more? I'm rather new at this.

Was at Wally world last week and you should have seen the succulants they were selling for only $2.50 ea. Maybe that's expensive, I don't know. I've never seen so many different varieties. I must have stood there for 1/2 hr. until the hubs started getting impatient! We were there for groceries, not plants. LOL

Also, do you bring them in during the winter months? I know they say they can withstand frost/snow etc. Just wondering what works best.

Thank you!
    Again, great finds! I'm a garage sale junkie, but boy, this summer has been killer hot. Kind of takes the fun out of having fun! :o)

• luvs2click
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes lamb, I do drill holes in the bottom of my pans - actually I just use a hammer and a nail and take my frustrations out! I also leave them out all winter - they seem to love the snow and cold and go crazy in the spring. One of my friends insists on setting hers in the garage for the winter and they seem to dry up and not do very well at all. The reason I separated them is because they were packed tight in this container, so tight that they were growing lopsided and there was no room for more to grow. So by separating and giving them more room, yes, they will really take off. I about depleted my supply of hens & chicks this spring for the spring garden fair I do every year, so I was really happy to find these!

• lamb716
    12 years ago

Thank you for the advice & answering my ??'s. Enjoy your weekend and your new goodies! :o)

• shpnquen
    12 years ago

How cool! Not that I've been able to do GS this year, but missed hearing about that sale. We live close to the Hwy 30/Lincoln Hwy in Plymouth, IN. You sure did find the haul on the cups and cute tea pots!