Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My fairy garden...

Posted by cadillactaste none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 16:29

I made this back in July 2011. My friend had made one prior, which I had commented that I thought it cute. So while my son and husband were away on a mission trip. She took me to Amish Country where they had a shop with fairy garden items to make up your own or ones already done up. I fell in love with the bird planter with the Angel Ivy already in it. So I went with the "bird" theme and went from there.

While creating my fairy garden there...I had assembled it on the counter. Next thing I know another customer comes over and grabs my planter and goes to take it right out from under me! As she slid it closer to her on the counter. I was like..."EXCUUUUSSSE MEEEE!?! [but in a soft voice]" She was like..."I just LOVE this fairy garden!" I was like..."Well, thank you. So do I, thus why I assembled it to get a visual before taking it home." She was like..."Ohhhh you don't work here then." I was like..."Nope, sorry I don't this one I just made up for myself."
Photobucket

I love how the ivy drapes down over the planter.
Photobucket

I got a faux tree at a craft store along with some purple flowers and just cut off the blooms and stuck them in the ground for some more color came later. I wanted a bonsai tree but the care for one didn't allow me to disrupt my ivy roots by removing a buried pot to soak the tree. This was the next best thing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My fairy garden...

Welcome to the forum Cadillactaste!! We love fairy gardens here and yours is especially nice. Love the bonsai tree and the little chair with the faux flowers, but I especially like the container! Is it made of stone or concrete? Really cute. Thanks so much for sharing it with us and I hope you'll share more of your projects with us too.

o

Thank you Marlene for your kind words. I was extremely pleased with how it turned out. Surprised because in my head I envisioned something completely different when I headed out that day to put together or purchase a fairy garden.

The little chair is actually a garden gate that I hung a bird house from.

As to the container. That was what "sold me" on making my very own fairy garden. I just HAD to have it. What it's made from...I almost think it is a type of pottery with a stone distressed finish.

We're trying to plan another Amish Country trip. I so would love to do an outdoor fairy garden. Though I wonder if it's to late in the year to really plan one. Or if one just brings it inside...since I'm leaning toward some sort of container style.

o

Love it! Is the store by any chance called "Country Gatherings" in Berlin, OH?

Arlene

o

No wonder the lady wanted it!! Very nice & love the fairy & birdhouse with gate. The container is so natural looking. TFS Jan

o

I love it!! I've never made a fairy garden, but this is inspiring me to try one.

o

Glad you found us so we can see the wonderful
creation you made!
I just read your member page--so glad you posted
a paragraph there! Most people don't. I love it
when they do.
Come back often!

o

Recently added this bird bath...just realized that I didn't post a current photo from photobucket.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Arlene it very possibly was that store...that was where we went shopping.

Thanks Jan, I wasn't rude to the woman who tried to take it...because I took it as a compliment!

Laurastheme I say GO FOR IT! It was quite fun putting this together. Again totally in the opposite direction as I had pictured in my minds eye.

o

I'm just amazed everytime I see one of the gardens.

o

I LOVE the birdbath! So cool! And I have no idea why I thought that was a chair...it plainly has a birdhouse hanging from it...oh well, yesterday was a very long day.

o

Oh this is very cool! You chose just the right accessories for it! No wonder that lady slid it her way! I love the container & the ivy plant, too! Jeanne S.

o

Marlene we've all had days like that...I call it a garden gate, but it very likely is also a trellis. lol To each person's vision I reckon.

Jeanne, thanks! The ivy at first looked centered and draped the entire planter. But I was easily able to pull it back to one side. The container is what sold me on it. I am an avid bird watcher...and have bird accessories around the house. So this was just so fitting for my decor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here