Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tennesseetrash

Freecycle Haul - Over 300 Trophies!!!

tennesseetrash
14 years ago

Yep, it filled DH's little truck to the max. We had trophies everywhere, but now they are all disassembled, and in tubs for future use.

I used many trophy parts on the TooMuchGlass Junk-tion house. Also plan to make a garden pathway with the marble pieces, with moss planted in between. Who knows what else? Ideas are welcome!

Now guys, for the next 10 years, if you get little motorcycle people, etc in any of the boxes coming from me, you can remember why :-) Maybe I could do some fairies doing wheelies or something lol ... I'll update as future projects develop.

This was only a few of them, trophies were everywhere:

{{gwi:181469}}

{{gwi:181474}}

Comments (12)

• excessfroufrou
    14 years ago

I can't believe you got sooooo many, but cool. A few years ago after my son left home without his trophies, I took them apart and made Christmas ornaments from all the figures. They all had a meaning for him, but as I recall there was quite a few angel type figures. Anyway, I just glued them to the top of a satin ornament. He ended up with a set for about 25 for his tree. I could see using the metal cylinders in some sort of wind chimes.Syble
    Syble

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

Wow....I never knew you could do so many things with old trophies! Can't wait to see your projects!

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

LOL --------- !!!

You win the trophy for having the most trophies !

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

I thought I was bad, when I hauled home 5 boxes of glass trophies!!! They are that great chipped glass, I already refurbished one too!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:181467}}

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Wow!! The urn like things would be great totem toppers, the figures would be cute that way too or on top of your GK'S birthday cakes!! Lots of wind chimes or flowers or??? coming up!! Jan

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Well dang, several years ago I finally threw out my oldest son's tennis trophies and my DH and I had bowling trophies.
    None of us wanted them and I hadn't met YOU guys yet. I always see trophies in GW and wondered what the heck they'd be good for. But came up with nothing, LOL, since my imagination stinks. Tenderlee, I bet there's some good stuff for fairy houses too.

Tell your hubby he's the Trophy Terminator! LOL

hugs, Karen

• garden2garden
    14 years ago

Haha, your DH looks like he's just as crazy...er, uh, I mean having just as much fun as you, lol. Just kidding of course! I think you did great! You can't make anything if you don't have anything to work with! I admire your imagination. Don't ya just love junk... :) Thanks for sharing.

• nursemaid4
    14 years ago

We race cars and have tons of trophys. I never thought of using them to make other things. I am going to have to see what I can create!

Donna

• luna_llena_feliz
    14 years ago

I have forgotten to look for trophies! Thanks for the reminder! lol I always wanted to make a Garden Goddess or Garden Guardian with a trophy figure. The ladies at The Salvage Studio, Lisa Hilderbrand and Beth Evans-Ramos, made some that were really cool. If you look up their book The Salvage Studio: Sustainable Home Comforts to Organize, Entertain and Inspire. And you'll see a picture of the trophy figures they made. Otherwise, you can check out their blog at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Goddesses

• tennesseetrash
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Syble, great idea about the ornaments! Those are handmade keepsakes that need to be passed down to your grandkids! I hope your son will always keep them. I have a few plastic toppers that look like a draped in cloth olympic type lady. Will have to see it I can convert into angels with/for my grandsons!

Thanks, Marlene, I hope I can use most of the parts!

Trophy for bad ideas lol, Kathy/tmg, who else would be stupid enough to pile up more stuff around here, right when I'm trying to get more organized? Just me I guess, and DH is good about going along with my schemes (usually) LOL. In about 6 more weeks will be frost, my container plants will have to come back into the basement, and now there's tubs of marble & trophy parts everywhere ....

CalamityJ, I would love to find ones with the chipped glass! Your creations turned out fabulous (as always)!TFS!

Karen, I bet those trophies you had were nicer than these even. I've thrown away many things that I wish I'd kept, but hindsight is 20/20 on that .... yep, I plan to use some of the parts on fairy houses. Fixin' to start a manger I got at a yard sale, gonna convert into a fairy house.

On top of Bday cakes, Jan, you always have great ideas! A motorcyle doing a wheelie on a boys bday cake might just work! The baby GS will be 1 this month .... I remember joining this forum about 2 weeks before he was born last year. I wanted to spend all my time here, but was pulled away with the family event, and the entire year has been that way. Getting better now though as time goes by. DD still has many serious health issues, though. Please keep her in your prayers.

LOL garden2garden, yes DH and I are two peas of a pod for sure (37 years together). He's easily persuaded into my world of junk. You can see how content he is with his fully charged power tool nearby :-)

Donna, glad you have some new ideas going .... no telling what materials you've got there!

Luna, thank you! I'm gonna spend some time at their website soon! Very interesting.

More later as creations evolve .... hugs ~tenderlee

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

RAH! RAH! RAH! That's a BIG cheer for you, tennessee...you and DH earned the "gold" on this one! What a save! 300...I really laughed because I had just read the "300 beer bottles!"...thinking aren't we GJer's just the BEST recyclers!!! So, you & DH win the "Gold Medal" of the year! Love the G-Junkion blgs. you created with these! TFS! Jeanne S.

• TwoMonths
    14 years ago

These leftovers are the reason I always thought someone should just give the kids small plaques and they could put each sport together with pictures. I usually take mine that are not wanted and take a pic, then I take off the metal part to use with the picture in scrapbook. I can see a windchime made with some of the metal side pieces...they are usually very nice in color and sparkle.