Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Yard Crawl goodies

Marlene Kindred
12 years ago

Last weekend DH and I went to a 50 mile long yard sale that is held every year in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia. We had a blast and brought home a few treasures too.

{{gwi:181697}}

{{gwi:181699}}

I found this handmade spool bed which we realized later was a cradle missing it's rockers for TWO DOLLARS!! I nearly fainted when I asked the lady if the price tag was correct and she said yes! LOVE IT!

{{gwi:181701}}

We found some old metal wheels as well.

{{gwi:181703}}

Comments (19)

• rafor
    12 years ago

WOW!!! All I can say is wow!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Sounds like you had an awesome time! You sure found some wonderful stuff. Love the old lantern and spool crib. That big nut with the squirrel on it looks familiar. My aunt used to have one just like it. The red stained glass candle holder thing is cool too.

• kylslil1
    12 years ago

i wish i could go to huge yard sales like that! that would be so much fun...course i would need someone to go with me....I've got to get a garden junk buddy. :)

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

What marvelous stuff. I used to have the pine cone canisters! Mine got rusty finally when I stored them in a move.
    Looks like you had a blast.
    Kathy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

You have me DROOLING like a baby, I hope my keyboard survives! For starters, just the fun of GOING to something like that sounds fantastic. Then your goodie haul...so MUCH neat stuff! Right off, that big blue seashell vase caught my idea. (Holiday decor, LOL, for summer decorating of course.) The neat candle holder with the three red glass pieces. Those old wheels. WOW. The
    crib was a really neat find!
    You rock, Girl.

hugs, Karen

• nonacook
    12 years ago

The crib was a great buy!
    I love the 3 oil cans....What is the silver piece
    next to the rusty lantern? Interesting looking piece.
    Lots of other goodies too!

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Marlene...You got some wonderful things. I love it all. Do you have plans for your metal wheels yet? I can't wait to see how you use these treasures.

Marylee

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Wow what a haul of great junk. It that a iron ladel I see next to the lantern? Looks like the one my grandfather had for scooping molten lead into forms for weights for his decoys. Those iron wheels are to die for. So hard to find. Also love all the birds and littel girls. Great topper for totems. The little guy holding the big fish.......lol.....my dad! Looks like you and DH have lots of goodies to work with.............Great fun!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

WOW! Marlene...you & DH got a load of stuff! Great finds! That old lantern is wonderful & looks like some good metal things on that table! ...& lots of pretties for your totems & plates! But I LOVE the crib & the iron wheels! You really scored BIG TIME! Congrats! & what fun! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone...we did have a great time! Nona...I have no idea what the feathery looking pieces were. There are four feathers and I paid $1 for all four. Chelcass..there are two iron ladels and I think DH plans to use one for a spider head. He's been looking for the right piece. And Marylee, I'm thinking that the wheels will go up on our new privacy fence when we get it built.

• FlowerGardener
    12 years ago

Wow you sure made a haul. The red candle holders with stand is very nice. I would put solar lights in the holders and put it on a patio or deck table.

• amigirl
    12 years ago

I'm so envious and would like to go next year. Where exactly was the event?

Sue

• nonacook
    12 years ago

No matter what the silver pieces are--I love the look!!
    I have my Dad's iron ladles....
    I picked up a white spool cradle 'curb shopping' one day.
    I love those. It is full of other curb shopped items, because I can't make up my mind what to do with it.

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

That's a few things ??????????? Holy cow .... !!!

Marlene , you're a couple months away from being featured on "Hoarders" !! LOLOLLL
    I'd love to dig into your stash :)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Too...ROFLMBO

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OMGosh...do you know whenever I watch that show I have to immediately go CLEAN something! Amazingly, I "absorbed" everything into my stash. My DD did lose a few things in the earthquake we had today though.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Gosh, Marlene, I didn't realize the quake was affecting you.
    Hope not much loss for DD.

Funny thing about Hoarders show, I think it makes all of us want to go clean or organize something. LOL. I'm such a Stuff Queen, but I like how that show makes me look like a "minimalist". LOL.

hugs, Karen

• zzackey
    12 years ago

Wow and LOL! You got some great stuff. I never thought of myself as a hoarder, just a collector. Sold most of the stuff or gave it away to go fulltime RV. That lasted 6 months. Have our single wide stuffed now. Wish I could have a yard sale. We live in the middle of nothing now. Too far away for many people to come too. There's another yard sale that is a few states wide. I always wanted to go to that one.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

I love the wagon wheels! The oil cans are neat(I have a few) Lovely plates & so many other things! I would have been in antique heaven!! Looks like lots of projects heading your way!! Jan

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living