Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

My Yard Crawl Finds (Pic Heavy!)

Marlene Kindred
13 years ago

My DH, DD and I just got back from our first ever Virginia Yard Crawl...it was 50 miles of yardsales along a highway in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We had a great time and found some bargains too! If you have one of these near you, you have to find a time to go at least once....it's quite the adventure!

Oh, and for all of you guys out there, my DH found a snow blower, antique planes, tools and clamps too!

{{gwi:181807}}

{{gwi:181808}}

My DH was happy that they had more than GJ stuff...he loves movies too!

{{gwi:181809}}

Got four of these tole painted trays for $2.00.

{{gwi:181810}}

{{gwi:181812}}

{{gwi:181814}}

{{gwi:181815}}

{{gwi:181816}}

{{gwi:181817}}

Found this Hobby horse for $10 and my DD was thrilled to get this 30" wall medallion!

Comments (14)

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

Wow you did make a haul!! Love the bunny, teal colored decanter, frog, mirror, horse heck I love it all. TFS.

• tasymo
    13 years ago

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! You really found some awesome stuff! I'm with Sorie6, I could start listing the goodies I like, but I don't see anything I DON'T like!!

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Wow! That is quite a haul. Lots of fun and pretty things.

I was loving it all, the glass parrot, the rooster, the butterfly, and then I saw the horse for $10. That is a great find.

• imjustsam
    13 years ago

My vote is with your hubby, I love that wall medallion. What a fun thing to do and I love the Blue Ridge Mts., wish I had been there too.

• doodys
    13 years ago

Good haul u made...thumbs up!

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Great finds--Love the matching lamps! And everything else!

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

whoops!! had to wipe the DROOL off my computer screen!! Great haul!! I would have to rent a trailer to do one of those!!

• caroline94535
    13 years ago

I will trade you my first-born child for those two lamps!

(I don't have children and I'm in menopause, but I could try to produce a "first born! LOL)

I have lust in my heart. Can you show a photo of just the lamps? Just imagine how lovely they would look in North Dakota, especially when the deep snow banks are throwing clear white light everywhere.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, what fun for you all! That would be quite a day...bargains, bargains! I'm really liking the iron pcs you found.,.the butterfly by the nautical boy & girl & that iron thingy with 6 cup shapes around it. And I see some butterflies that will be great in your gardens! Your steal of the day is the hobby horse! Wow! Bet you will do great things with that, Marlene...is there a spot near your beautiful potting shed for it? Have fun! TFS your day! Jeanne S.

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

Major drool alert!! I LOVE everything - especially the boy and girl sailors, the wild canary statue, the pea pods, the horse, the chicken, the little frog, the big clock, the iron butterfly lantern ... oh heck, just pack it all up and send it to me. I'm not greedy, though. The others can fight over the pair of lamps.
    -Sprout

• misfit
    13 years ago

OK I'm new here, but I gotta chime in too. Looks like you made a haul! So many cool things. I must say my favorite has to be the little pea pod people, love love love them!!!
    I wish I had known about this sale. Just being able to drive the Blue Ridge mountains would be a win win situation.
    I am ashambed to say I live 3 miles from highway 127 & I didn't hit the first garage sale last weekend.

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

WOW!!!! I especially love the butterfly and the horse. I wish my husband was into junkin'. He just doesn't get it.

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Incredible finds! I'm with Caroline on the lamps! Snow does make beautiful light doesn' it?
    Kathy

• cait1
    13 years ago

First let me say I LOVE your wallpaper!!! Can you believe my covetous eyes were drawn to that even moreso than those gorgeous lamps???

As for everything else... well, you know I must hate you now. Sorry, you left me no choice. Gorgeous wallpaper, perfect finds... if you expect anything less from me aside from hate and jealousy then you've truly forgotten who I am!! LOL!!! The 'çhook' (chicken) and squirrel stole my heart. So can you please send them to Oz so I can have it back? LOL

Congrats!!!

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA