Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look at this Patina !

Posted by toomuchglass 53172 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 2, 11 at 17:21

I've been so housebound because of the heat & humidity ... I had a few extra bucks that was burning a hole in my pocket -so I braved the heat & went to the GW -- ;)

I found this solid brass deer with this Gorgeous Green patina . There's 2 candle holders on his antlers that just screw off , so they're coming off. The color just struck me . He's about 8" tall & I have no idea what to do with him - but I love him !!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look at this Patina !

ooooo I love him too !! do you have a fairy or gnome garden??maybe on top of a totem with brass dishes?? He is so majestic.. geeme

o

He's a beauty for sure. I agree, the candle holders just detract. I like th eidea of a gnome with him. But how to find the right gnome?
Kathy

o

Beautiful wind chime with the 2 candle holders turned upside down handing on chain or wire they will look like bells. Would be lovely hanging in a tree or attached to post with arm might have to drill into his back to get a place to attach chain. Or mount him on a post or piece of iron up about 6 ft off ground. Could you find an old shelf bracket of wrought iron to mount him on top of? He looks like"protector of your yard" very stately! Great buy! Jan

o

Wow! Love him...............I see him with a antique/rustic sleigh filled with garden junk finds.

o

toomuchglass...He is lovely. I love him too.

Marylee

o

I can see him on your mantel for Christmas or a dining room table display or a front door wreath! Great score!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here