Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Octopus Chandi

Posted by excessfroufrou 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 2, 10 at 17:24

Okay, I spend a lot of time recreating ideas that I borrow from here, but I swear I finally had an original thought, or at least I think so. When I was working on my bird feeder chandi, I turned it over and immediately saw an octopus. I finally found another chandi for $5.00, even though it only has six legs(or arms). I used washers glued and then wired at the bottom for the suction thingys. I was thinking that bottle caps might work for this on a larger light. I haven't decided if I'm gonna keep him or put him in a sale I'm thinking about doing this fall. I want to do a pink and green one with maybe some glass globs instead of washers, DH has already brought me another chandilier that he got free at a GS.
Frou

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Octopus Chandi

COOOOOOL!!!! How original. I love it.

o

WAY CUTE! I love the "washers" ... alternating colors! A fun project! (Reminds me of those "yarn octupus' that we used to braid yrs ago!...but your "chandi" is way cuter!) TFS, frou! Jeanne s.

o

I love him!!!! That is so creative!!!

o

Outstanding!! LOL!! LOVE it!! Did you have to add any pieces, for the head? Great for a nautical theme. Would go perfectly with the blue nautical chair kylslill posted.

That octopus is so sweet, I think you should call her "Candi, the Octopus Chandi".
-Sprout

o

Very imaginative. I can't say I've ever seen anything like that before, and I mean that in a nice way. ;) Very clever.

o

THat is just to cute!!!

o

How cute is that?! Love the face and the washers for the suction thingys. It looks wonderful. I'd love to see your next one too!

o

That's a great new idea and so cute. A good way to recycle those chandies.

Would love to see the one with glass marbles too.

o

That is a stroke of genius ! I love it !!

o

LOVE it!! that would be sooo cool in a kid's room, with a sea them Tooo cool!!

o

I'm lovin' it!!!! What a fantastic imagination you have. The face is soooooooo cute. Bet the pink and green will be a cute girlfriend for this guy!!

o

Oh wow....i want one! haha. That is sooooo original! love it!

o

She is a cutie! Washers were great & face is adorable. Pink & green will look wonderful too!! Jan

o

Frou, when you decided to have an original idea..LOL..you sure did a bang-up job. Way to go, Girl! What a delightful creature your little girl Octopus is.

You may have started something here with this idea!

hugs, Karen
PS..wouldn't it be a hoot to use her in a beachy tablesetting!

o

Very orginial!! I've never seen one like it. Great job. TFS.

o

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!

o

OMGosh! LOVE HIM! He is just too cool Frou!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here