Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
galcho

Sliding glass bath tub doors

galcho
15 years ago

We will be doing bathroom remodeling. I am wondering what can i do with glass doors. Any ideas?

Comments (17)

• nancyjeanmc
    15 years ago

A wall for water to run down?

• slowlane
    15 years ago

Hmmmm--let's see: you could separate them, paint them or do some other kind of decoration on them, and then hang them as outdoor rood dividers or to screen views or areas you don't want to be seen. That bumpy texture would look really nice with a water scene or some other kind of nature image on it--think Monet :D

• kelly_oh
    15 years ago

I was thinking a great big stained glass project, using the marbles and the sea glass, use the door as the base and silicone the glass to the door, then grout around.

• Bright199
    15 years ago

You should check out the stained glass forum. Clamityjane did one in stained glass.

• katishooked
    15 years ago

My thots also ran along the SG idea. They would make a beautful addition to an outdoor area. Patio, garden, shed etc.

Kathy

• nonacook
    15 years ago

I have 2 sets, one gold rimmed and one silver. But you all know how slow I am about getting things done!
    I want to do the waterfall thing, and was also thinking about painting, and Marble designs....
    If I could just get the garden back into shape (sigh)!

• barefootin
    15 years ago

I had gotten 2 shower doors off of freecycle, and just got a huge bay window free yesterday someone had a free sign on in thier front yard. I am going to use the shower doors, the window and some other interesting things, like unique frames and windows to build a one of a kind greenhouse. The shower doors I got, have mermaids etched into them. As soon as i can get them out of my shed, I will take a photo of all 3.
    All the idea above sound beautiful!

Sherrie

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Shame on me, my first thought was to break it!
    I like ya'lls ideas better.
    Calamity that shower door is awesome!

• bathvision
    13 years ago

You can see all types of shower doors on this website
    http://www.showerdoorsnyc.com
    http://www.bath-vision.com
    http://www.shower-door-store.com

Here is a link that might be useful: frameless shower door

• grandmathyme
    13 years ago

My first thought was that since it's probably safety glass in a shower door is that it would make a nice glass lid for a nice-sized cold frame...BUT you ladies have come up with such BEAUTIFUL things to do with them! CalamatyJ...your door is glorious!

• jaceysgranny
    13 years ago

I thought about a cold frame too. But I like ClamityJ's better. It's fantastic! My DH has 2 glass doors from our store which are heavy glass. I wish I was so talented.
    Nancy

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

calamity...I've seen it before...but it's just as AWESOME the 2nd time around! GORGEOUS! And love how you placed it at your home with flowers & such! TFS!

Have fun, galcho! Great ideas here! Jeanne S.

• chelcass
    13 years ago

Oh My Calamity! Your shower door is awesome. I had to put that on my project list. Thank you so much for sharing.

• stompoutbermuda
    11 years ago

Calamity, did you glue bits and pieces of broken glass onto a shower door? How did you do the black outlining?

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

What I did was use old shards of stained glass, some are even old 70's lamps dissasembled and cut up, and I tumble the glass in a rock tumbler sometimes, to get the sharp edges off,(but this can be done by scraping the glass edges together to get the edges dull) and I use clear silicone adhesive to glue the peices to the shower door, leaving a space for grout. then I grout it just like you would tiles on a backsplash or tub surround. I have even bought stained glass off ebay! And also have smashed up glass plates, bottles to use in this fashion.

• Catherine Scannell Rowe
    7 years ago

Hi, THis is an old post (2012) is there a link or any info on doing the shower door? Thanks. Cathy

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County