Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sliding glass bath tub doors

Posted by galcho z8 Northwest (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 25, 08 at 17:56

We will be doing bathroom remodeling. I am wondering what can i do with glass doors. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sliding glass bath tub doors

A wall for water to run down?

o

Hmmmm--let's see: you could separate them, paint them or do some other kind of decoration on them, and then hang them as outdoor rood dividers or to screen views or areas you don't want to be seen. That bumpy texture would look really nice with a water scene or some other kind of nature image on it--think Monet :D

o

I was thinking a great big stained glass project, using the marbles and the sea glass, use the door as the base and silicone the glass to the door, then grout around.

o

You should check out the stained glass forum. Clamityjane did one in stained glass.

o

My thots also ran along the SG idea. They would make a beautful addition to an outdoor area. Patio, garden, shed etc.

Kathy

o

I have 2 sets, one gold rimmed and one silver. But you all know how slow I am about getting things done!
I want to do the waterfall thing, and was also thinking about painting, and Marble designs....
If I could just get the garden back into shape (sigh)!

o

Here is what I did with a shower door! It is one of the mirror pcs, the other parts were already broken, but I saved THIS from going to the landfill, stopped the guy right at the landfill gates!!lol! I'll never forget the look on his face..hahaha!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shower door garden art

o

I had gotten 2 shower doors off of freecycle, and just got a huge bay window free yesterday someone had a free sign on in thier front yard. I am going to use the shower doors, the window and some other interesting things, like unique frames and windows to build a one of a kind greenhouse. The shower doors I got, have mermaids etched into them. As soon as i can get them out of my shed, I will take a photo of all 3.
All the idea above sound beautiful!

Sherrie

o

Shame on me, my first thought was to break it!
I like ya'lls ideas better.
Calamity that shower door is awesome!

o

You can see all types of shower doors on this website
http://www.showerdoorsnyc.com
http://www.bath-vision.com
http://www.shower-door-store.com

Here is a link that might be useful: frameless shower door

o

My first thought was that since it's probably safety glass in a shower door is that it would make a nice glass lid for a nice-sized cold frame...BUT you ladies have come up with such BEAUTIFUL things to do with them! CalamatyJ...your door is glorious!

o

I thought about a cold frame too. But I like ClamityJ's better. It's fantastic! My DH has 2 glass doors from our store which are heavy glass. I wish I was so talented.
Nancy

o

calamity...I've seen it before...but it's just as AWESOME the 2nd time around! GORGEOUS! And love how you placed it at your home with flowers & such! TFS!

Have fun, galcho! Great ideas here! Jeanne S.

o

Oh My Calamity! Your shower door is awesome. I had to put that on my project list. Thank you so much for sharing.

o

Calamity, did you glue bits and pieces of broken glass onto a shower door? How did you do the black outlining?

o

What I did was use old shards of stained glass, some are even old 70's lamps dissasembled and cut up, and I tumble the glass in a rock tumbler sometimes, to get the sharp edges off,(but this can be done by scraping the glass edges together to get the edges dull) and I use clear silicone adhesive to glue the peices to the shower door, leaving a space for grout. then I grout it just like you would tiles on a backsplash or tub surround. I have even bought stained glass off ebay! And also have smashed up glass plates, bottles to use in this fashion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here