Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
score!!!!

Posted by mmebrady (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 17:58

OK, so I've been looking for a cheap wheel barrow to plant up for the last couple of years, and I FINALLY found one at a GS yesterday for $7. The only catch, was that it was full of "junk", and if I wanted the wheelbarrow, I had to take the junk too (the sacrifices we must make....lol) So today I was starting to wade through the "junk". I found some random wire to hang some lanterns in my hummer bed, a stake to mount one of my glass suns, and a random longer piece of metal that I hammered straight to mount my other glass sun, and in the midst of the pile, as I scraped away some of the tarnish......COPPER TUBING!!! how excited am I! I was going to have to buy some for one of the many projects in progress, and now it just fell into my lap!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: score!!!!

ahhhh...it is so much fun finding GJ ....& yes, BIG SCORE for you! Share pics of your projects when you've finished them. Jeanne S.

o

That's a great score!

Don't you love it when they make you take stuff like that?

o

no kidding! I'll be taking pix this week. They had so much other great stuff too -- all priced to sell

o

How cool is that????? I'm excited for you!!! :)

o

you go ..... anxiously waiting for pics!!

o

BURIED TREASURE !!!!!!!! I bet you had a huge smile on your face !!

o

I'm still smiling!! today I uncovered some chain --great for hanging other GJ, and a brand new ceramic drawer/cabinet pull yay!!

o

Nothing is more fun than a box deal or in your case a wheel barrow deal. And what a deal it was!
Frou

o

A big ol' cluster of goodies is always nice! I love buying the boxes of mixed stuff at auctions, cuz you're bound to get something good!

o

Oh, I love grab bags so a grab wheelbarrow would have been a dream come true for me! lol! Be sure to post pictures of the projects you make from your awesome finds.

o

Glad your wheelbarrow turned out to be full of goodies for your projects!! Waiting for pics!! Jan

o

Holy Cow, what a haul you made. Guess that wheelbarrow was the wait in finding one. Congratulations!

hugs, Karen

o

I need several of those.

o

lol....I'm not up to several.....yet....I've actually been more focused on painting. At the same GS I picked up 10 or so cupboard fronts (at least I think that's what they were going to be) and painted one for a welcome sign for friends that just moved into a new home. I also picked up a cheap coat tree that is going to be a bottle tree.....as soon as I drink some more wine.....I'll post the pix I have later tonite -- off to jury duty (nothing better to dampen the creativity!!)

o

Great haul and good reuses. I'm jealous of the coat tree, someone beat me to one at a YS this past weekend.
Kathy

o

YEAH!!! Love when we get a treasure like that. Have fun! Don't forget to post pics!!

o

Sounds like you hit a jackpot!!! Can hardly wait for the pics to start coming thru

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here