Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Marlene and Tinfoil...how about this bird? LOL

Purplemoon
12 years ago

I saw this bird and you two instantly came to mind...

LOL

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: bottle bird

Comments (7)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

He's very cool! Looks like he's giving someone a piece of his mind....I had to laugh! TFS....I'll have to show him to John.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

OMgosh & he glows in the dark, too! LOL! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

He's very funny! Also on the right the "bird balls" you get 3 stakes for $14.99 with flower details, not too bad but laughed at the description"genuine plastic glazing ball" (as opposed to "fake" plastic, I guess!! Could be, my friend got some pretty rugs for her bedroom, a deep red with kind of like ropes across & when she went to vacuum them they didn't do well, most of lint etc. stayed on them, so I suggested shaking them outside, that doesn't work well either. So I looked at them & they are rope with a velour kind of yarn going over them. Only place they might look great is in front of unused hearth. If you put in washing machine I think they would completely fall apart. I think these birds would do better!! Jan

• tinfoilhat
    12 years ago

That bird is a cutey and would fit right in around here. And I just happen to have the steel rod.
    They are tearing down the cotton gin I get a lot of my yard art junk from. I liberated a LARGE bundle of cotton bale tie rods that would work for making that bird. I figure that if I can make and sell 200 of those birds it would just about pay for a new tailgate to replace the bent tailgate I got liberating them.
    Anybody else paying dearly for the "free" junk they get?

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL...
    Tinfoil, better get to work on those 200 bottle birds so you can get a new tailgate. Meanwhile I expect you will hear of others who also pay dearly for 'free' stuff.

Jan, I didn't see catch that genuine plastic. Too funny.
    Wonder where a person could find fake plastic? LOL.

Marlene, bet John never thought about making a GLOW in the DARK bird. Who knew these catalogs could be so entertaining huh?

hugs, Karen

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

He's fabulous! And I just passed up a pair of bird legs last week at a little thrift store. Gotta go back this week, they open on Thursday - Sat. I think I could use a blue bottle bird!

When I used to decoupage I sometimes used "Real Imitation Gold Leaf" as a base. Pretty funny.

Kathy

• mommyandme2
    12 years ago

He is soooo cute. I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy one. I really don't care if the solar light works. I wonder if using GE II to attach him to a microwave plate would stabilize the wobbly ones. I'm going to be looking for parts to make similar birds, also. How big is the bottle ? Is it about the size of a beer bottle ? - Laura

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting