Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Newest Barnwood Bloom Project

jeannespines
13 years ago

Here's my newest Barnwood Bloom I just finished up:

{{gwi:133542}}

Old piece of barnwood that DH cut for me & I sanded it pretty clean...I found the cast iron flowers at a GS for 50 cts ea...thought they were pretty interesting looking! Turned them over & they were a Hallmark candleholder! This pic above is kind of a "side" view so you can see the depth of the candle holders.

Here's a "straight-on" view...the stems are recycled from a patio umbrella spokes (which I pounded on with staples) ...& the gold butterfly is a GS find ...they make good leaves! LOL!

{{gwi:182555}}

Thanks for looking! Jeanne S.

Comments (13)

• mary2010
    13 years ago

Way cool Jeanne. Love it!!!

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

I love all of your barnwood creations! This is a real beauty!

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Very creative and pretty! Amazing what misc. junk parts can be made into.

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

very neat!!!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, GJers! I forgot to mention that I add a wire on the back with a couple screws ...so that the Barnwood Bloom can be hung on a fence or bldg., if desired. A very fun project to do...and the "hunt" for GJ is always fun, too! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Never would know they were Hallmark holders if you hadn't said so. Make great flowers & love those butterfly leaves!! I have a cedar board that is rough on 1 side so will look for something to use for rest of it. I would want to put it on my patio.Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Another wonderful project! I love the weirdness of the flowers. Very different and rustic. A great idea to use the brass butterfly. I have been collecting them as I see them at TSs. I don't have barnwood but maybe I'll look for some rough cedar board like Jan and try something like this. The garage at our new house had weird sections cut out and then filled back in or windows closed up with siding. Of course all the seams show. Something like this would do a nice job of covering up the unsightly seams.

• marleneann
    13 years ago

Now that is a beautiful piece of art. Well done.

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Love this new barnwood bloom.
    I have one candle holder similar to these.
    I remember when I got it and bought the slim tapers.
    Back in the late 50's--we had no air conditioning and
    all the tapers started melting and leaning-LOL

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Jeanne...I absolutely LOVE your barnwood blooms and this one is just beautiful! What great flowers the candleholders make....just too cool! You have such a talent my friend! TFS!

• cait1
    13 years ago

You are soooo creative!! I LOVE it!

• bverste
    13 years ago

obviously I am going to have to broaden my junking! we don't have anything like that at our junk stores--OR I don't have the eye that you have Jeanne, I love it, you are so creative and I would scoop it up in a minute! TFS Bev

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks again, GJers...

sunnyca...a rough cedar board would work wonderfully! Go for it & please share a pic! I love GS'ing & TS'ing for GJ for birdhouses & barnwood blooms.

And, like you, Luna...any "brass butterflies" I see at GS's I am certainly buying them (cheap, of course)! They do make wonderful leaves...if you didn't see this pic below, that's the first brass BB that I used just awhile back on a Barnwood Bloom. It's fun to do! Thanks all for your kind comments! Jeanne S.

{{gwi:172507}}