Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindee11461

In Memory of Just Pam

cindee11461
15 years ago

I know Pam would be pleased to know I finally got my copper toilet float fish made!!! I am sure she is smiling down on them!!!! I am so happy with how they turned out and I had to share with you all. Pams fish were something I really enjoyed and I really wanted to make some of my own. Well, it took me a few years, but I finally collected all the things I needed and got my DH committed to helping me with the soldering. It was a job but I love how they turned out. Now, they just have to weather a bit and they should be really cool!!!! Thanks Pam for the inspiration. I will always remember you!!!

{{gwi:182558}}
{{gwi:182559}}

Comments (12)

• katladie
    15 years ago

Cindee, they are so charming, and yes, Pam is smiling down on them. She was an inspiration to all of us, a very courageous lady.

Sharon

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Absoulutely wonderful!!! What is that you have them swimming on????

Yes we do miss Pam... I wonder how her daughter is doing. She used to check in from time to time. Pam's bb was one of my all time fav's.
    You did great with your version.

• Kathryn Botard
    15 years ago

wow. those are really pretty. I never knew Pam, is there anyway you can do a tribute to her using her ideas? Or a tribute link?

• woozyb
    15 years ago

awesome job, cindee! too cute!

Here is a link that might be useful: justjody

• imjustsam
    15 years ago

Those are about the cutest fish I have ever seen. Really great job to you and your DH.

• daybees
    15 years ago

Thanks Cindee
    I'm sorry about justpam.
    Your fish are wonderful. Are the fins copper cut into shapes?

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Cindee, those are delightful and I'm sure Pam would be proud of you. I remember I came on this Forum about the time she was bedridden and her daughter would read the posts to her. That was my first impression...what a great and caring group this was. I am sorry I never knew Pam, but thru all of you I got a glimpse into what a special lady she was.

hugs, Karen

• cindee11461
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone for you kind comments on the fish.

Bright, They are mounted on a copper pipe, soldered on and then I put a little GE Silicone on top to keep out the water(-:
    I wonder how her daughter is too.
    I hope she is doing well.

Hi Kathy,
    I don't know if she still has a page with all her pictures on it or not. You could do a search and type in JustPam and see(-:

Daybees,
    Yes I cut the fins out of copper sheeting.(-:

• nonacook
    15 years ago

I was thinking about JustPam last week!
    There are several of her things on a snapfish album. Several of the challenges that we used to have are there.
    Let's see if I can get this right.... (I have it in my favorites so I can just click)
    Go to snapfish
    Klynnnn_2000@yahoo.com
    Password is..
    gardenjunk

Hope I have not made a typo or something...Maybe someone can link it.....
    There are quite a few photos there. Klynnnn no longer uses this album, but it is all garden junk--maybe someone could move this somewhere else.

• imgodsgrl
    15 years ago

These are my favorite thing so far on here. (I've been lurking, we are buying a new house with a yard that I can finally do some projects in and I can't wait!) Anyway, I can't figure out what the bodies are on these. They look familiar, but I'm not placing them. Would you be willing to tell.

• Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Your fish are just TOO COOL! I love them! They would be so great by a fish pond.......such a nice way to remember and honor your friend. Thanks for sharing them with us!

• akup_a
    15 years ago

What a great school of fish you & DH (spawned) uh, I mean, created! They look fantastic! And to think they all came from a tank and decided to swim in your yard. ;)
    Vickie