Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greensuzq

2 Items From My Best Buy

greensuzq
13 years ago

Here is a totem I made with the sugar bowel, under another teapot I had bought.

{{gwi:182618}}

And then a plate flower with one of the cup saucers.

{{gwi:182619}}

Haven't done anything with the other pieces yet.

Comments (6)

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

Suz- LOVE the totem, but the plate flower is TO DIE FOR!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!! TFS.
    -Sprout

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

The totems are nice but I too am crazy about the plate flower! Where do you get those flowers & how do you get them off whatever they were on without destroying them? They are usually on a lid out here & chipped or parts missing. Hope you have someone very special to give that plate to or save it for yourself!! Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Great job...and I am having some serious heart palpitations over that plate flower...the center is absolutely gorgeous!

• greensuzq
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi all, I started out liking the totems because my mother in law made a couple and I really like them. But, I am having so much fun making these plate flowers. I live in a small town in TN and find a lot of the plates at the local TS and Food Bank. I only pay 10 cents to 75, once in awhile I splurge and pay a dollar for the plates. The flowered center is from a small jewelry container I paid 50 cents for. It was dirty and top and bottom was in good shape. I almost saved it for my dresser, but like the flower much more. Once I scrubbed it up it came out beautiful.

I started making these thinking I would sell them at a yearly Octoberfest that draws in tons of people to the area. My friend and I are having a garage sale, which we do every few years. But, once I make them I am not sure if I can get rid of them. There are some for sure I will not part with.

Thanks for the compliments. And thanks for all the things you show on here. I love learning all the new stuff going on out there. I am so glad the we are only in the low 90's instead of 100 so I can get out there and enjoy my gardens more. Now I have beauty even if the flowers aren't in bloom.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Great recycling, suzq! Love that plate flower & how you created such a unique center for it..& the combo of colors & shape for the whole flower works so well! TFS! Jeanne S.

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

I'm with the others on that plate flower! I also agree with you on once you make something that you like & can't replicate in most cases, you hate to part with it, even to make some money! THAT'S when you you know it's REALLY good!