Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dinajean_gw

Colorful garden shed - pix

dinajean(SCzone7b)
16 years ago

It is starting to look colorful. I am having fun. My fingers are hating me!!!! Ouch.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:182768}}

Comments (23)

• rottyinbluejeans
    16 years ago

They are cute.I love the mask!!!

• Bright199
    16 years ago

Ditto! Poor fingers.

• pearlygates
    16 years ago

Very cute! It might help if you can wear rubber gloves.

• TwoMonths
    16 years ago

sweet job....now I know what the reference to pet food can was all about last week. Poor pinkies.

• wired
    16 years ago

Cute flowers and love the bright colors. When I think of all the pet food cans I've thrown away over the years, I could have covered probably my entire house :-)

I've made some things using soda cans and the are very easy to cut with just scissors, or even in the sizzix machine.

• leaveswave
    16 years ago

Leather gloves; the metal will slice right through rubber.

• cindee11461
    16 years ago

those turned out really cute. Great job!!!!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Those are really nice. what a great idea!!

Maria

• dinajean(SCzone7b)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I cant take the credit for the idea...It was Dixiesmom's idea.

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

OUCH! But they are very cute!

I see you have a Garden Smile. The Carruth Studio is not far from us...down the street from my daughter's house. We have a yard full of their pieces. It's so whimsical...we love it.

Be careful of those fingers!

~Sandy~

• dinajean(SCzone7b)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, yes, I love my Caruth!!! He is actually my avatar on another garden forum. He IS my inner child, I should put it in my bathroom so I have a fun attitude everyday, cant help but smile and feel giddy whenever I look at it!!!! Hmmm...maybe I will move it to my bathroom...gonna run out of room on my shed anyway since all my animals are piggies and I keep making these flowers!! And good news, I have gotten better with the tin snips and have not cut myself in 2 days....KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!

• sassy270380
    16 years ago

that is really pretty,i also like the face

• shysue
    16 years ago

Dinajean, those are so pretty. I would like to make some, but I am not partial to bleeding fingers. LOL I was wondering if you could use aluminium soda cans for these. I used them to make frogs for this sign. They can be cut with regular scissors and run through a crimper if you like. Do you think they would work?

{{gwi:182774}}

• dinajean(SCzone7b)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I love your frogs! Sure, I dont see why soda cans wouldnt work...its worth a try anyway. Let me know how you make out. We dont drink soda here, so I cant try it myself. How did you cut your frogs, I know you said scissors, but what is the pattern? They are great!!!!

• dixiesmom
    16 years ago

I'm gonna post the pic from the book I got the idea from. And so I don't get sued or something I'll post the link to the book. It's a good book with lots of garden decorating ideas.
    {{gwi:182782}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Decorating Inside and Out

• dinajean(SCzone7b)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ooh...pretty. Now I dont like mine anymore.

• dinajean(SCzone7b)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dixiesmom - I just ordered the book, too. It looks awesome.

• nonacook
    16 years ago

I love the tin can things, and always have. You did a wonderful job.
    For my birthday in 2006, Bill bought me a sheet of copper, which I have not had time to use.
    The flowers are inspiring.

On the contents page, there is a square 'picture frame' thingy. What can you tell me about that? It looks
    black in the photo, but it may not be.
    I have several square frames that I might be able to use.

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

Well isn't that just too cute! You could have blooms in the winter! Maybe I'll try this one day. The book looks like a very interesting one,thanks for sharing:)

• dixiesmom
    16 years ago

nonacook, the picture frame is covered with dried leaves. Haven't tried that one yet. But since we are on the subject of cans and picture frames.. I also have another book.. ( me and my books! ) by Leisure arts called Trash to Treasure Vol 6, that has can flowers glued to a frame and the whole thing is painted white. Very pretty. This book also has instructions for the Bed Bench in it. It is one of my favorite books. I spend my lunch breaks at Half price Book store. But here is a link for used books, that has great prices. And by the way, dinajean, I love your flowers! I love the bright colors!

Here is a link that might be useful: alibris books

• dixiesmom
    16 years ago

Here's a better picture of that book cover.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• use2bcapecodr
    16 years ago

My fingers hurt just looking at all these neat things! I think I'd best stick to something less potentially painful! lol

~Sandy~

• nestmaster
    16 years ago

I work with old metal quite a bit. Reducing sharpness by putting the edges on a stone grinder helps. Also, folding the edges over a bit will decrease sharp edges (lots of work but effective). A couple of great tools I use are old saw blade sharpener holders (to clamp down then bend the metal) and one or more pair of duck billed pliers (got those at Sears).

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?