Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Pig From a Garden Junk Friend!

Posted by kirkus (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 11 at 19:01

Hi Everyone! You might remember when I posted about my cast iron collection of critters on my potting bench. (See the link below.) A wonderful Garden Junk friend, kylslil 1 (Erin), sent me this BEAUTIFUL cast iron flying pig recently!!!! The perfect gift! Mr. Pig now sits on my potting bench with my other cast iron pigs and various iron animals! Thank you, Erin! I just love the encouragement and thoughtfulness of the Garden Junk family!!! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

I'm also attaching a photo of a recent pottery pig I found at our favorite thrift store for $3. He looks kind of angry but I'll forgive him. LOL This pig sits on the same shelf as Mr. Pig from Erin. :o)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Post about Pigs and Such :o)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Pig From a Garden Junk Friend!

Very cool pig! What a nice thing for Erin to do!

o

Lucky you to have such a nice friend. Very cute pig!!!

o

Great GJ friend! That flying pig looks right at home on your potting bench! & grumpy pig is a nice bargain $$$, too! TFS, kirk! Jeanne S.

o

I like all pigs, live ones and garden junk ones.

Maybe that is because I was born in the Chinese Year of the Boar.

o

Yay!! Mr. Pig has a new home! (You can rename him, mr. Pig is just his Florida name) I really like grumpy pig. you find the coolest stuff at that thrift store of yours. I need a really good thrift store like that.
erin

o

Grumpy pig just doesn't realize he has a strong pig to look after him! The iron pig is really a neat gift!! Jan

o

What a beauty!
Kathy

o

Mr. Pig is a great addition to your collection.

Marylee

o

What a nice thing to do. I don't think the second pig looks mad. I think he just found out where bacon comes from. :)

o

Oh, Kirk, your 'piggies' made me want to do something with my only pig ... "Miss Piggy(bank)" ... so I put her on my patio table tonight while grilling hamb. in the heat!!! DH & I just spray-painted our old, old patio table/chairs...so I wanted a pic:

Piggy T'scape Top View 8.11

Here she is ...up close ready to chow on some good ol' Iowa corn & grape tomatoes...hot enough for the sun to grill 'em! LOL!

Piggy T'scape Veggie Bowl 8.11

So 'Miss Piggy(bank)' was an outside piggy for awhile! Meanwhile, Mr. & Mrs. ate supper inside with cooling AC! Thanks for the inspiration! Jeanne S.

o
Garden Junk Friend!

Wow, Jeanne, that is 1 sexy pig, look at that lavender eyeshadow, she's looking for her mate!! Corn & tomatoes look yummy! I poked my nail against kernel of corn at store & it didn't squirt out at all so I didn't get any. It's more like what we called "field corn" that some farmers gave to livestock. We do get good sweetcorn few times a year. I have that kind of table too & high back chairs that you can rock in a little if you want to, so easy to repaint love them! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here