Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass Flowers

Posted by piperxxxx (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 19:14

Have you guys seen these? I haven't made any yet but I'm going to just as soon as I collect some glass. I think they are really pretty.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass Flowers

They are gorgeous! Just think how they must sparkle in the sun!

o

Those flowers are beautiful. I hope you will show us what you create. Thank you for sharing.

o

They are gorgeous! Wonder how they are put together and what the stamens are made of.

o

This is the closest I've come to something like that. Not nearly as beautiful or professional.

o

Here's another one.

o

I was thinking of stealing stamens from some silk flowers and gluing them in.

o

On his website he says the glass pieces all come apart and are drilled with a bolt fastening all the pieces together. They're 6' tall and made with rebar.

The glass pieces are all familiar to me but I can't figure out what the stamens are and how he fixes the pieces to the stems.

Sue

o

He gives all that info on his site. The stamens are molten glass. I've used copper wire and beads for some stamens. Does anybody know how much he charges? I'll bet they're WAY up there and should be.

o

Please, you mention his web site but don't give it to us. Please do. Thanks much.

o

Posieh, look for the post 'glass flowers' by old crafty. The web site is posted on that post.

o

Beautiful...
but Laurastheme...your glass flowers are wonderful, too! Jeanne S.

o

Stunning ! I wish I had brought more glass with me when I moved from CT to TX. I had No Idea that glass pieces would be impossible to find here. ---- Laura

o

I'm sorry, I didn't realize someone had already posted these. I was surfing on line and found them. My mistake!

o

Here's the link, they really are amazing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mikes flowers

o

this is really so beautiful i love this and you make this really beautiful flowers are looking so beautiful wow Send flowers to Canada

o

Some of the glass flowers my wife makes and sells.

Here is a link that might be useful: Alice's Glass Garden Flowers

o

Wow. I looked at the Mikes flowers website. They are stunning.

Some of the glass I've collected is beautiful but too textured to glue together. I may have to try drilling holes. Some of it is so pretty that it is now in my kitchen cupboards to use and my dh was just complaining about too much strange shaped stuff that doesn't stack well, lol. Maybe I'll tell him I'll get rid of it if he'll drill holes inthem for me!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here