Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indigosunshine

barn quilts

indigosunshine
11 years ago

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a long time now but am finally figuring out how to post (I think!)I love reading everyone's ideas; I've been a junker for years. Fortunately my new husband is right there beside me. Guess our crazy runs deep and runs wide!

Comments (16)

• sorie6 zone 6b
    11 years ago

Welcome. Lets see some of your garden junk! What's barn quilts?

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Yes, what are they? Welcome aboard! Jan

• laurastheme
    11 years ago

Welcome. We want photos, please. I'm curious.

• nonacook
    11 years ago

When I read the title, I thought about a friend
    who painted her garage door with a quilt design.
    The design complimented the flower bed/garden
    area beside the door.

• indigosunshine
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Barn Quilts are quilt blocks painted and hung on barns or sheds or else painted directly on the barn. They are all over in Iowa and southern Wisconsin. My quilts are 4'x 4'. Next one will be 8'x 8'. I'll try to post some pictures of my garden junk.

• cnm1
    11 years ago

WOW - those are amazing!!! Can't wait to see what else you have done!!

• oldcrafty
    11 years ago

Love those barn quilts!!! and welcome aboard, I haven't posted much lately but I check in frequently.

• imjustsam
    11 years ago

Okay, That's great! I am going to need a pattern

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Love barn quilts! Those are so pretty! & your fence & GJ looks good, too! What's welded in that old iron wheel on the left side of your pic? Horseshoes? Whatever, lookin' good! Welcome to GJing! Jeanne S.

• jlily
    11 years ago

LOVELY barn quilts!! I have long admired them and always planned to do some. You know how that is! Welcome to the junk yard. Remember to share your projects- we love pictures. Jlily

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Welcome to the junkyard! Always glad when people come out of lurking....LOVE the barn quilts! VERY cool! And love your collection of items beside your barn as well.

• indigosunshine
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the welcome! Jeanne, that welded thing is an wheel rim and rings that my husband cut from a pipe, then welded together.I think there is some kind of gear in the middle. He doesn't think he is talented but I disagree!

• sunnyca_gw
    11 years ago

Beautiful barn decoration, I like the wooden fence with all the rusty stuff & the wheel thing looks very interesting!! The quilts have so much depth to them, very neat! Jan

• ritaweeda
    11 years ago

We made one where I used to volunteer (developmentally disabled organization.) I don't know what ever happened to it, and when I suggested it the staff looked at me funny. But when we started working on it they realized that it was made of wood, not fabric! LOL! Hope they put it on a barn somewhere, though. They have an equine program staffed with lots of horse people, surely someone would want it for their barn.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Thanks indigo...yes, your hubby is talented, too...I agree! Lookin' forward to seeing more...just saw the corncrib! It's wonderful! Jeanne S.

• powermuffin
    11 years ago

I would love to see you make smaller blocks and then hang them together like a quilt!
    Diane

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH