Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greensuzq

Plate Flowers - My First

greensuzq
13 years ago

I am new here and love all the input from everyone. Hopefully my pics will show up. You are all so creative. I tried uploading pics from my computer, but said it was too big. So I went to photobucket and started an album for Flower Plates. I don't know if this link will work or not. I guess if not I will need some direction for getting my photos to this forum. I love everything I have seen on here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flower Plates

Comments (14)

• grandma_cindy
    13 years ago

The link works perfectly, and you did a great job on the flowers! My favorite is definitely the rose one :-D
    And welcome to the boards! I'm still pretty new myself, but everyone is lovely and encouraging! SO much inspiration to be found here!

• rosiew
    13 years ago

These are absolutely lovely. Especially love the "Mother's Rose".

What are you using for vertical support?

Rosie

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Welcome 'suzq!
    Your plate flowers are beautiful, I love how you combined the plates and decorated them. How are they displayed? I couldn't quite understand it.
    Kathy

• greensuzq
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I learned from this forum to use spoons on the back. I hammered them flat and then bent them over to hang and glued on. You can can use piping, pvc to put them on. I took them and put them on my giant philodendron plant just for taking pictures. They would hang nicely on a trellis or chain link fence. I am in the middle of making more. And also making some glass totems.

I hit a bunch of places this last week. Mary2010 got me hooked on teapots as the top piece of the totem and I love them. I just purchased several teapots from an antique shop. But, the one I like the best was a set of 9, teapot, lid, creamer, sugar bowl w/lid and 2 cups and saucers, I paid $3.50 for them all. I am going to take a pic of all 9 pieces and show what I have done with them all in a few days.

I love recycling and is nice to find beauty from it. The rose on the one flower was a ceramic rose of my mothers. She passed away 13 years ago. So that is special and my favorite. Have a great evening.

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Those are just beautiful and such a sweet story about your mother and the rose plate flower.

You have a good sense of style for mixing plates and a great way of finding good stuff. I can't believe you found a tea set for $3.50! Around here a broken teapot with missing lid is $5 by itself and it doesn't even have a nice pattern.

Really look forward to seeing the totem!

Welcome to the forum
    --Shirley

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Cool those are very pretty .You did good.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Shirley is right, teapot minus lid $5 & ugly(at my TS today)! That tea set was a steal!!My favorite plate is the rose 1 also, It is so beautiful & such a lovely memory of your mom. Did she like to garden or maybe just enjoyed fresh flowers in a vase? I really liked the delicate turquoise decorated plate too. Glad you were able to get the pics on. Enjoyed them!! Thanks! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you came out of hiding and posted pictures of your wonderful creations. They are all stunning but I really like the Rose flower. What a great idea to use those rose (or any other flower) pieces for a center. I look forward to seeing your other pieces! Keep those pictures comin'!

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

Welcome to the boards! Your plate flowers are lovely! I really like the rose one--what a great memorial!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Your plates are very lovely...& like the other GJers, your Rose plate is stunning! Hope you put it in a very special place in your gardens or sunroom/porch. Good luck on your totems...I am liking the pottery ones of Mary's, too. TFS! Jeanne S.

And your pics came thru just fine! If you want to post a pic "directly" with your text message, just click on your pick, then click on HTML code (3rd one down under your pic) & it will say "copied" ...then paste it right with your text. It will look like "gibberish" with your text, but when you hit "preview," you should see the pic.

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

Wowie Zowie --- I love 'em !

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Wow! Wow! Wow! If these are your first, I can't even imagine future creations! JUST BEAUTIFUL! Well done! I'm so glad you shared! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• greensuzq
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for the compliments. I really have been enjoying this. And thank you Jeannespines for the info on pics. I just figured it out and am going to put a couple of my Best Buys on here. You all are so creative and I am so happy to have found this place.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Welcome Suzq! Glad to have you aboard. Your plate flowers are just great! Really love the one with the rose in the center! Keep 'em coming!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?