Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plate Flowers - My First

Posted by greensuzq Zone 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 23, 10 at 20:43

I am new here and love all the input from everyone. Hopefully my pics will show up. You are all so creative. I tried uploading pics from my computer, but said it was too big. So I went to photobucket and started an album for Flower Plates. I don't know if this link will work or not. I guess if not I will need some direction for getting my photos to this forum. I love everything I have seen on here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flower Plates

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plate Flowers - My First

The link works perfectly, and you did a great job on the flowers! My favorite is definitely the rose one :-D
And welcome to the boards! I'm still pretty new myself, but everyone is lovely and encouraging! SO much inspiration to be found here!

o

These are absolutely lovely. Especially love the "Mother's Rose".

What are you using for vertical support?

Rosie

o

Welcome 'suzq!
Your plate flowers are beautiful, I love how you combined the plates and decorated them. How are they displayed? I couldn't quite understand it.
Kathy

o

I learned from this forum to use spoons on the back. I hammered them flat and then bent them over to hang and glued on. You can can use piping, pvc to put them on. I took them and put them on my giant philodendron plant just for taking pictures. They would hang nicely on a trellis or chain link fence. I am in the middle of making more. And also making some glass totems.

I hit a bunch of places this last week. Mary2010 got me hooked on teapots as the top piece of the totem and I love them. I just purchased several teapots from an antique shop. But, the one I like the best was a set of 9, teapot, lid, creamer, sugar bowl w/lid and 2 cups and saucers, I paid $3.50 for them all. I am going to take a pic of all 9 pieces and show what I have done with them all in a few days.

I love recycling and is nice to find beauty from it. The rose on the one flower was a ceramic rose of my mothers. She passed away 13 years ago. So that is special and my favorite. Have a great evening.

o

Those are just beautiful and such a sweet story about your mother and the rose plate flower.

You have a good sense of style for mixing plates and a great way of finding good stuff. I can't believe you found a tea set for $3.50! Around here a broken teapot with missing lid is $5 by itself and it doesn't even have a nice pattern.

Really look forward to seeing the totem!

Welcome to the forum
--Shirley

o

Cool those are very pretty .You did good.

o

Shirley is right, teapot minus lid $5 & ugly(at my TS today)! That tea set was a steal!!My favorite plate is the rose 1 also, It is so beautiful & such a lovely memory of your mom. Did she like to garden or maybe just enjoyed fresh flowers in a vase? I really liked the delicate turquoise decorated plate too. Glad you were able to get the pics on. Enjoyed them!! Thanks! Jan

o

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you came out of hiding and posted pictures of your wonderful creations. They are all stunning but I really like the Rose flower. What a great idea to use those rose (or any other flower) pieces for a center. I look forward to seeing your other pieces! Keep those pictures comin'!

o

Welcome to the boards! Your plate flowers are lovely! I really like the rose one--what a great memorial!

o

Your plates are very lovely...& like the other GJers, your Rose plate is stunning! Hope you put it in a very special place in your gardens or sunroom/porch. Good luck on your totems...I am liking the pottery ones of Mary's, too. TFS! Jeanne S.

And your pics came thru just fine! If you want to post a pic "directly" with your text message, just click on your pick, then click on HTML code (3rd one down under your pic) & it will say "copied" ...then paste it right with your text. It will look like "gibberish" with your text, but when you hit "preview," you should see the pic.

o

Wowie Zowie --- I love 'em !

o

Wow! Wow! Wow! If these are your first, I can't even imagine future creations! JUST BEAUTIFUL! Well done! I'm so glad you shared! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

Thank you all for the compliments. I really have been enjoying this. And thank you Jeannespines for the info on pics. I just figured it out and am going to put a couple of my Best Buys on here. You all are so creative and I am so happy to have found this place.

o

Welcome Suzq! Glad to have you aboard. Your plate flowers are just great! Really love the one with the rose in the center! Keep 'em coming!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here