Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old plate garden sign?

Posted by renamarena OK (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 18, 09 at 21:03

Hi ALL, I have been inspired by your ideas for a couple of years, content to lurk in the background, but now I have to come out for help! Does anyone remember a post with a photo of a sign that said "Garden" painted on 6 old plates?
Thanks for all your help and wonderful ideas!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old plate garden sign?

Is this the one?

Photobucket

o

Oh...yes, I think that's probably the one! I had just emailed Cindee asking her to repost. I should have known that someone would have saved a copy of the picture alone! I'm going to make sure I save it this time!

Also, if you put in Garden plates in the search bar, you'll find the original posts that Cindee had..gives more info on how she did it!

o

Yup that is the one I did. It was very easy to do. I just printed out the letters using the fonts that I liked then I traced them onto the plates and painted them(-: I used the paint for ceramic plates at Michaels. Its made by Delta. It is a three part operation. Base coat/ paint/ sealer. It is a no bake paint so you just let it air dry. I collected the plates at garage sales/flea market/ Salvation Army and I think the black one I got at the dollar store(-: The dollar store has a lot of nice plates that would be good to use.(-: Please post your creation when you finish!!!(-:

o

That's the one! I just love it, and I want to do one for a friend...ok, and one for me, too...Thank you so much.

o

Thanks for bringing this one back into memory. I collect vintage plates and have been wanting to do this for my herb garden spelling out "H E R B S". This is one of the best creative ideas using vintage plates that I have seen.

o

hi cindee. love your plate sign. i'm not very computer literate and was hoping you could share how you find the alphabet letters and print them out. or, perhaps, just point me in the right direction then i'll try to figure it out! TIA.

o

On the sign I did I used INDOOR/OUTDOOR VINYL letters from Hobby Lobby in the art/pens/graph area. They are block letters that kind of peeled and stick on.... but are holding up wonderfully outside. I got the plates from Luna for Summer Junk Jam and the plate hangers from a 99 cent store.
Photobucket

o

susie, thank you; sometimes i wonder about myself! i actually have those letters. i used them for a birthday banner i made for my granddaughter. i'd still like to learn how to find alphabets that i could print out, if anyone can help.

o

I've been thinking about that same project and wanted to ask how the letters were made.
I've got a black metal 3-plate holder that I want to put by the front door. I've finally got 3 plates the right size, and will put the house numbers on them.
Waiting for pay day so I can get the paint. :D
~JoAnn

o

Susiewantsroses, those plates sure look pretty like that! I have a confession to make ... I kept some matching plates to the ones I sent you. he-he Maybe I will try something similar.

o

Luna we could have matching garden art!!!

Maggiejoe- type FREE FONTS in your search engine and see if anything you like comes up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here