Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Answers

Posted by r_murray 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 24, 11 at 21:05

The hand was made with a latex surgical glove. The best way I have found to curl the fingers and thumb is in a larger container filled with dry sand; the sand will hold the shape. After 2 days you can just rip the latex off.
The colors on these pieces are latex paints and the final coating can be polyurethane and/or wax after sanding the finish.
The bunny was cast from a jello mold and then the pot was formed around finished piece.
I am almost finished with my garden sphere.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Answers

I saw your newest projects on the other post...really cool, Robert. Hope you are getting some buyers! Your work is one-of-a-kind! Thanks for the answers above. My DH also used the 'sand-in-the-bucket' tricket when he poured me a cement basketball for a ball fountain...worked great! One more question for ya...do you leave any part of your work in it's natural state (like the bottom) or do you paint & poly (or wax) the whole pc? Thanks! Jeanne S.

o

Wow! thanks, you need a smooth cement to do that. I use mix of Portland & Morter cement for repairs, wonder if that would work! I have plenty of sand so next time I will give it a try. Jan

o

Thanks, Robt. I may even have that bunny jello mold...I have a vintage copper one hanging up and the rabbit looks l ike the same one you used! Now you've given me an idea to try, if this blasted heat ever lets up.

hugs, Karen

o

Am I missing something here? I do not see the pictures.....
***pouting*** I love pictures.

o

atokadawn...The pictures are on the above posting, "Robert where are you". They are awesome. Love his work.

Marylee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here