Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pot-Ash

Posted by 9bark 3bto5a BC (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 11 at 21:18

I love copper and copper look-a-likes so I converted this old ashtray into a pot holder (pot is real copper) for my Vancouver Centennial!

SAM_4039

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pot-Ash

VERY cool! Love the copper color and the ashtray is a great idea for a plant stand. Thanks for sharing!

o

Beautiful. I love the copper, it's like subtle flare. Defiantly an eye catcher but the earth tone of it makes it look like it belong in the garden.

o

Very nice. I like it. The geranium looks like it belongs there with the copper. Good recycling of ashtray. Your ashtray brings back a lot of memories when everyone who smoked had one. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

I like copper too and have copper pipe to make
some things. It doesn't alway turn 'green here,
just brown, and I am almost afraid it would be
stolen if it was 'cleaned'
I really like the pot on the Ashtray.

My secret dream is to make a Vesicare copper person!LOL

o

Beautiful combination of copper & coppery looking leaves & orangish flowers on geranium. Great reuse of ashtray stand! Lovely in garden! TFS Jan

o

That Geranium looks beautiful in your new pc! Great recycling on the ashtray & I love your copper pot you planted! I've been doing some copper stuff, too...working at a new vignette on my barrel ponds at corner of the house. Am lovin' Rusteoleum paints!
TFS this idea! Jeanne S.

o

Love the copper pot on the ashtray. My dad used to smoke and we had a really pretty one with a cut red glass insert when I was growing up. Wish I had it today, but for different reasons. ;^)

I know if you want to keep the copper look without it turning green, you can clean the surface & then spray an outdoor clear coat sealer on it and it will last years. I did that with a copper Train engine windvane for the hubby and it's lasted a few years so far.

o

• Posted by 9bark 3bto5a BC (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 16, 11 at 1:17

I'm not sure I want to do anything with it. Jsut let the elements do their thing. That's part of the attraction for me with copper.

o

Great reuse! I've always liked those ashtrays, tho I've never smoked.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here